How to implement complex loot rules?

What I have in mind is, e.g. from the bottom up:

• hide any item without at least 3 affix in affix set (A union B union C union D)
  • show item with at least 12 affix in affix set A
  • show item with at least 1 affix in affix set B
  • show item with at least 1 affix in affix set C
  • show item with at least 1 affix in affix set D
  • hide anything

there is condition to define items “with at least n affix(es) in set X” , but there isn’t one to define items “without at least n affix(es) in set X”

I am not exactly sure what you want to achieve here.

But what is important to understand is:

Any Item, that gets touched by any of those rules, will ignore any subsequent rules.

Generally speaking the only way to setup very compelx filters is using a lot of hide rules with one single show/recolour rule at the end.

But there are different methods, depending on what you want to achieve.

Also welcome to the LE Community!

Hey hello and thanks for the welcome and the reply.

What I wanted to achieve was something like… I had forgotten to include an hide all filter at the base of my example sorry…
I wanted to show items containing any 1 (or more) of the affixes useful for a build, each divided into different disjoint sets, let’s say Offensive, or Defensive, or Ailments, and so on.
but then filter out any item which does not contain at least 3 in total from the union of all the subsets (representing every possible affix useful to my class), so I could refine better the items, starting from common lower high-pass filter.

For instance you want to make a show rule for affixes with some + necrotic damage for a lich build, but you don’t want to show this item unless it includes also at least other 2 affixes useful for the build , which translate to you want at least 1 maximum wasted affix slot, but compliling a list of affixes I don’t need in a build is way longer than to compile the few ones I want.

… I hope I was enough clear :S, and thank a lot for your loot filters BTW :smiley:

PS: I’m afraid something like this would not work
Test.xml (16.9 KB)

Your plan does the same thing as

Show any item with at least 3 affix in A B C D

Yes the example was too generalist sorry, I’ll update, let’s say you want expressively any 3 affixes from ABCD, but expressively 2 from A

I don’t think that would be possible unless the devs allow more than less than on affix numbers instead of the default of “at least”

The best I got is
show ABCD(high tier multiple affixes)

For that kind of thing I do each set separtely with one set on top that has all the sets together
show abcd
show a
show b
show c
show d

I cannot do better

Thanks xD I know right, it is a logic nightmare, well not a nightmare in the logic alone, but the implementation would require way too many layers of rules

Usually it is better to minimise the number of affix sets anyways, as it takes time to modify

I keep it to prefixes and suffixes

Before the latest addition of the new filter function with “Total Affix Tiers Of:” I actually used a very similar system, where I splitted offensive, defensive and other affixes into categories.

But since this condition exists, you basically shooting yourself in the foot, since there is no way to combine several “catogories” or different ruels together.

I definitely know what you are going for now, but it is not really achieveable.

There are ways to make very specific filters in LE, which sometiems are a bit over the top strict.
But generally speaking you will hurt yourself in the long run with that anyway.

What I like to do is, create several rules of the same affix pools and colour-code them differnetly, depending on how many affixes/tiers are matching.

To give you an example here is one of my most strict filters

Melee Lich Strict.xml (78.0 KB)

Thanks, oh wow, that is a lot of layers, it’s ok with direct text editing, but a nightmare with the in-game UI, I’m thinking when you need to change a set of affix and go over every rule to change it… I will humbly still hope the devs might one day put also a “without at least n affixes” as condition

I create each rule for each item slot and then duplicate it a few times and adjust it.

If I need to make major adjustments I delete every rule except one, adjust it, duplicate it again and just change the affix tier/number of affixes required.

Also I could reduce the number of total rules, when using item types with the proper base in the recolour rules as well.

But during story/early endgame I prefer to use hide rules and generic recolours rules below them and when I transition into more strict recolours rules I just leave the hide rules.

Based on this thread, I see why so many people complain about not being able to upgrade their gear. It’s because they are hunting for 4 affixes. That’s most people’s problem.

The way I do my filtering, is that I don’t care about the 2 suffixes at all. I only filter on the Prefixes, since they define the build itself.

When I get a good upgrade on prefixes, I look at suffixes. If they suffice (rarely) I equip and call it a day.
When they do not suffice (wrong resistances, for example), I stash it. Then, I look for the same thing for other item slots, and stash those. And so on.

Once I get a bunch of those items all stashed, I then look to see if I can equip multiple items (which are all upgrades on prefixes) and get a sufficient set of suffixes as a result.

Example:

• I get a ring with better rolls on my prefixes, but my current ring has Physical + Void resist, and the new one has Necrotic and Poison resist. I stash it.
  • Later, I find an upgrade for my boots, and old has Necro + Poison, and new has Phys and Void.
  • TADA! I now equip new ring + new boots, and my resists stay capped.

This is why most people find it hard to upgrade their gear in the end game. Poor strategy. :smiley:

I go so far as to put skill level and build specific affixs above my hide filter, so that even if it is bad I can shatter it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.