How to fix camera issue

Currently there is a problem, that when you go south, the distance of you sight is very short and you can’t react to arrows, for example, they just flying too fast from nowhere. It’s probably hard to change something related to camera, but there is easier solution — maybe just tweak mobs aggro system, so they will not being aggro until you see them on the screen? It will not make arena experience better, because they are always attack you there, but at least exploring monolith would be more interesting, going south wouldn’t be such problem for squishy builds.

Currently I’m playing marksman and when I go south, I have to always shoot blindly, some mobs shooting back, so I’m fighting unknown mobs which I don’t see, it’s not very fun part.

This is a tricky one…

There are lots of discussions of off-screen attacks for both the player and the mobs and what would be an appropriate “distance” or “range” of attacks… Should a ranged player be able to clear x number of screens away from them? Should mobs like Lightning elementals be able to attack from X screens away once aggro’d

Then there is the issue of screen resolution - how big is the range of skill or attack based on screen resolution?

Right now higher resolutions give a MUCH improved competitive advantage, but it might not matter right now … its unsure how this will affect multiplayer and possible future league play…

Oh, I thought it doesn’t depend on screen resolution. I have to play on 1280x720 due low performance, maybe that’s why it’s so big issue for me.

By the way, another thing which would help — if monolith target would always be located to the north/west/east, but not to the south.

Yip… how far you can “see” around your char is 100% related to screen resolution… So your issue of being shot but cannot see the mob, would not be noticed by someone using a higher res…

Playing on less than 1080p is definitely going to be a disadvantage and thats not even discussing the UI interface items that dont scale on lower resolutions…

By the way, killing mobs off screen and only see their corpses doesn’t feel satisfying either

I know a few Rogue players who love spamming multishot from 3 screens away and then peacefully collecting loot without seeing the whites of the mobs eyes…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I would have regrets for spending time of my life on such gameplay :slight_smile:

I checked and no, it doesn’t depend on resolution — with 1600x900 I see exactly the same, just less blurry. I guess I suffer form that more, then most players, because I tried to make a super-damaging marksman build without any resistances, hp, etc, with only one defense mechanism - got 1 guaranteed dodge once per 10 seconds, plus high mobility ( I have up to +175% movement speed bonus and two dashes). So the point would be not miss more, than 1 hit for 10 seconds, because any second will probably one-shot. It’s just fun to play for me this way, but it’s impossible with current camera sadly. Well, beside the option just shoot off screen, but that would be boring for me.

It does… you are just using such low resolutions that an extra 120 pixels on the vertical axis doesnt make that much difference… For people running 4k resolutions - they can see MUCH more content on screen than someone running 1080p or less… People running certain widescreen modes can see almost a full screen more of content to either side than someone running 1080p.

This is normal and how resolutions work.

Blurryness is caused by your screen scaling and has nothing to do with what you can actually “see” on screen at the same time. Its just scaled to fit your screen physical dimension.

1 Like

That sounds like a really BAD build idea… you are unlikely to get very far into difficult content with that approach… I dont recommend it…

Not to mention you’d have a load of free suffixes. But it’s their prerogative to make a glass-cannon build if they want to.

Obviously… it just sounds like this is more of a “soap bubble” build than a glass cannon… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe. But it feels fun to learn, how to avoid everything.

Masochist mode is good for that as well.

Just stacking corruption would work as well. But, like I said earlier, I feel like this option is currently almost locked due camera performance.

The “lack of camera angle” isn’t going to be what holds the build back, it’d be the skills of the player & their ability to not get hit whenever a mob in the next zone sneezes. You could also get an ultrawide screen, that gives even mooooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr view distance (to the left/right if nothing else, but that’ll cover ~50% of the enemies that will try to kill you when they see you).

Without vision it’s impossible to plan your movement, there is always uncertainty — can I run south or not? And in extensive fights, for example on arena, you can’t always run only north, so you have to run blindly into possible bunch of mobs sometimes. It’s not the build which allows to run blindly without a plan.

Also, some mobs hit lightning instantly, so you just need to see, if they gonna attack you and kill them fast enough or keep your distance. But if you can’t see them — you can’t react to it.

But what’s more important, though with other builds you can run south blindly, but it still would be much more fun, in my opinion, if you would have information for making calculations and making a plan.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.