How to farm items?

Hi guys, I’m asking tips about getting geared in Last Epoch.

Do you farm arena or monolith ?

Do you clear maps then scout arround to check if something that droped was usefull or do you stop after every screen clear ?

Do you clear everything or just elites ?

Thanks for help.

Hey… My personal preferences based on your questions… in no particular order…

Gearing in general is very easy pre-lvl 60… until char level 80 most things will be an upgrade.

Later on, crafting is a very good way to get decent gear or just tip some looted item into great status… provided you get a good base drop (T10+) with the right stats your char needs. Dont start craft on anything less than t8 imho (better t10+) - you will just end up disappointed as you push to high tier and fracturing.

Use a good fast clearing build with high mobility. I tend to use my Spellblade or Health Regen paladin as they are fast but very tanky so I can be distracted (or watch Netflix in the background) without dying… there are PLENTY of good builds (just search the forum).

While lower MoF are good while leveling, MoF drops after level 80 are great… if you ignore the actual MoF completion quests and just stack the increased drop and rarity boosts, then its a loot fest - which causes more problems with Stash space ;-). I never run Arena and honestly when I have, the drops are no-where near as good as high level MoFs. High level Mof also drops t6/t7 (purples) items fairly regularly.

MoF rewards with more drops from the chest at the end if you clear BEFORE completing the MoF objective. Clearing after completing the objective gives no additional boost.

Loot filter is a MUST - there is simply too much loot to stop and you WILL miss drops you are looking for if you dont have a filter in place. Without the loot filter, farming is very “jerky” having to clear, stop and check loot every minute…

I personally clear everything unless its a convoluted map that requires too much backtracking - obviously the bigger rares regularly drop better/more loot, but I have gotten tons of good drops from packs of wolves and spiders that take milliseconds to clear.

Aside… farming for uniques - be warned, some uniques are only dropped by some bosses after certain levels… Make sure you are farming the right boss for what you want… Also, gambling is a good way to get some uniques - but again, some cannot be gambled so make sure to check first. https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/

1 Like

The only thing I’d add is that the level of the drops from the chest you get from completing the monolith is based on your character level, not the monolith level.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.