How squishy is the mage in endgame content? Do we get one-shot killed?

I like playing casters, but it seems usually at some point, we end up dying in one hit for not dodging an attack. Is that the case here? Does it happen a lot?

All classes will eventually die after 1 hit. Regardless, it’s how you build your gear and build that defines how far you can push. Mage does not feel weak in LE, none of the classes do to me. They are all robust enough to push corruption. I have a prelaunch runemaster that pushes 300-400 corruption no problem.

He is not squishy cuz Flame Ward and you can even 3 charges on it, so it’s very boost to sustain.

Yes and no.

Dying in one hit is a function of your health, ward and damage reductions. If you have a lot of defensive layers, you won’t die in one hit. So, to answer your question, you have to answer these questions first:

Do you have 2000 Health?
Do you have 5000 Ward or more?
Do you have DR% from Armor?
Do you have DR% from Damage to Mana?
Do you have other sources of DR%, for example the Arcane Shield?

The more times you answered “yes” to these questions, the more likely you are to not die in one hit.

I play a Sorcerer, doing my own build, and I answer “yes” to three of those questions. So far I’m running 100-150 Corruption and not dying.