How does the Warpath Earthscorcher node interact with bleed mods on items?

Hey all,
I just re-rolled a warpath forge-guard to play the new specialization. For this, I went for Earthscorcher in the lower left part of the skill tree. Now, through my character sheet, I can see that I have 52% bleed chance and 58% ignite chance.
Do I understand it correctly that (only) warpath now has a 110% chance to ignite? (ignoring the additional bleed/ignite chance from the specialization tree for now)

In addition to that, I am also using a “Taste of Blood” axe which has the mod “When you hit a bleeding enemy, all bleed stacks on that enemy double in speed”. As the Earthscorcher node states “effects RELATED to bleed now depend on ignite instead” I would assume that ignites inflicted with warpath tick faster when the target gets hit again. Has this been tested yet or do specialization nodes generally only interact with other passives?

Yes, since the character sheet only shows global chance to apply ailments any local (to skill) chances and conversions don’t get shown (bizarrely, neither do global conversions) but they are applied correctly when the skill hits.

The second part is likely poor wording since the conversion only changes bleed chance and the “effects related” bit only relates to effects within the skill tree. I wouldn’t expect Taste of Blood to make the ignites tock faster in this scenario, though it would be cool if it did.

Alright, thanks for the clarification and the quick reply!

I wouldn’t expect Taste of Blood to make the ignites tock faster in this scenario, though it would be cool if it did.

Yeah, it really would be! I almost thought it was a phrasing thing, but hey, you never know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.