How does minion poison work?

As it was said I would love to set a minion tooltips!

Also just to be sure that I get it correctly here, imagine the case that my minion doing fire tag damage.
I equip legendary that dealing increase fire penetration on hit (like glove and boots, dragon eed\dict staff). does it benefit for the fire minion damage or that fire penetration only benefit for the player fire damage?

also as a side note for my Xmas dream imagine if we can have a dummy recap of all damage done with stats and type!!! let say you clic and start a 20 sec DPS test, then you have displayed a nice recap of total DPS with % skill, witch minion etc… doing what type hit, crit etc that will be SUPER!!! maybe it will be via an addon later on?

If it doesn’t have “minion” in the affix name, it doesn’t affect your minions – a general rule of thumb… There are a few exceptions, but in general that’s the idea.

yep makes sense, was just thinking of a way to increase pet dps in debuffing mob

If you’re shredding resistances, that does work, because it is an active debuff on the mob, which is then considered when your minions deal damage to it.

Moreover, what WASHA3 has written…

One of the main problems seems to be the announced, but still missing tooltip revision.

It will be done.

What I can tell you is that the Necromancer Passive Aegisfall (ok, not for ailments :frowning: ) and for example the Idol Suffix “Minion Chance To Apply Mark For Death On Hit” (only need one here) work quite well.

1 Like

Lastepochtool.com has most of the minion base damage figures.

1 Like

Related question.

Thorn Totem has a node “Rotten Core” which releases a “Poison Burst”. It reads:

Does Poison Burst scale with player damage (as a spell) or minion damage (obeying minion tags) ?

It’s a minion ability so it’ll scale with minion modifiers. Just like skellie mages casting stuff scales with minion damage.

yep I cant wait to see the revised tooltips.
And for Aegisfall, as it is armor shred it’s really for melee minion DPS right, not for mage (i.e fire in my case) or poison one, as armor is only really effective againt physical dammage, or I miss something here?

No, armor is against all “hits”, for or against the individual types of damage there are extra resistances such as “physical resistance”.

Only against ailments (damage over time etc.) the armor is no help.

1 Like

thanks again for your help I was too quick on this one…LE is complex with a lot of things to know if you wants to go deeper, that’s great!

1 Like

There’s an in-game game guide (G) you might find useful plus this.

1 Like

its*

Sorry to digress, but I see about 85% of people use it’s and its wrong and it bothers me :confused: People must correct each other on this whenever it’s noticed.

It is the utmost important issue facing humanity today.

1 Like

Your wrong.

:smiling_imp:

Very informative, I’ve reading that and saving it into my favorite!

To be fair, @Heavy is German, he’s allowed to not grasp the finer points of English grammar.

Zaodon, however, gets to burn in hell for all eternity.

2 Likes

That is a good point.
I suppose people also should not assume English is someone’s first language. However, it’s a teaching opportunity :stuck_out_tongue:
@Heavy I only joke!

I don’t mind getting corrected. Hell I also correct people, when they use german grammar wrong :smiley:

I only wished for 2 things:

• Actually explaining why I was using it wrong (I know my mistake but maybe other could learn from that too, if they don’t know how these two thigns are properly used)
  • Also at least contributing to the thread topic after correcting me :smiling_imp:
1 Like

It’s. A contraction of “It is”. “It’s raining outside.”
Its. Possessive. “The car lost its tire.”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.