How does increasing critical chance work in this game?

The base critical chance for Sorcerer is 5%. So if I want to increase my critical chance I have to put points into Axis of Destruction, which could give me maximum of 213% increased critical chance.

• Let's say I do not have any items, if I spend 71 points into that tree, what will my critical chance be?
  • If I end up for example with 30% base critical chance(from the tree) and have three items and each adds +30% to critical chance. Do I end up with 65,91%?
  • Will there be items that give flat critical chance?

• Let’s say I do not have any items, if I spend 71 points into that tree, what will my critical chance be?
Sorry, i am going to ignore that tree right now because i don't have the game opened and the tree in itself is noting that needs to be addressed specifically and i dont know much about the sorcerors skill trees. I would say just test it, make a new sorceror, use tab+D to open dev mode, level it to 100 and fill the tree with points.
  • If I end up for example with 30% base critical chance(from the tree) and have three items and each adds +30% to critical chance. Do I end up with 65,91%?
I think you will end up with 30 * (0.30+0.30+0.30) = 57%
  • Will there be items that give flat critical chance?
Only weapons. Some have it as a white stat. (max 8%) and they can have it as a blue stat (3,4,5,6,7% respectively for level 1-5)

As you indicated, there is 5% base crit chance (and 200% dmg on crit)
Now there are 3 modifiers for crit.

-Added crit chance. This is added to that 5%.
-Increased crit chance. This is a multiplier on the total you got after your added crit chance.
-Increased crit damage. This is added to the 200% multiplier.

Thank you. I didn’t knew about the dev console. It really helps when trying new builds.