How does glyph of order work exactly?

So does this work like this for example

Lets say there is T4 mod with roll gap 100-200% physical damage and lets say my T4 roll is 199% if i use glyph of order and it will upgrade it to T5 and for example T5 roll gap 201-300% will i guaranteed roll 299% becuz i used glyph of order?

Yes. 10 chars

Yes, essentially like in your example.

Just think about the min roll being 0% and the maximum roll being 100%.
Whatever value you rolled will stay the same % roll.

To give a more concrete example:
2-handed melee weapon with a T4 flat melee damage prefix. (Rolls 29-37; 29 = 0%, 33 = 50%, 37 = 100%)

Lets assume you rolled 33 on T4, which is 50%, the 50% roll would stay at 50% leading to a 43 roll on T5 (38-48)
With a 37 roll on T4, which is 100%, the T5 affix would be rolled 48.

so using glyph of order is only good in massive roll gaps? is it worth to use it on lets say attribute rolls or health?

Attributes, probably not since those don’t tend to have a particularly big range (if at all), but yes, if you have a very high roll on a t3/4 & want to upgrade it a glyph of order would probably be useful.

Personally I almost never use it, way less than I probably should.
It is so unfrequent for it to be useful that in the rare occasions where it would apply I still end up using a gliph of hope.

1 Like

yeah i havent ever used glyph of order i have hundreds of them saved up

1 Like

It’s badly designed in its current state. I hope the devs think of a way to make it more usable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.