How does conversion with Warpath actually work?

As mentioned in the title, if I convert Warpath to ignite (with the Earthscorcher node) do all my bleed chances (procced by Warpath) will convert to ignite? I know the node clearly states that, but I tested (in offline mode) and I still got bleed stacks (I checked the gear several times to find procs I did not account for).

Furthermore, if I equip Maehlin’s Hubris, does the Earthscorcher node become redundant?

Last, but not least, if I convert Warpath to ignite (whether through the unique gloves or the skill node), does that double-dip from the Forge Guard’s node Smelter’s Might?

Thank you!

If the only hits you’re getting are from Warpath (ie, no other procs, smites, axes being thrown, etc) then that’s a bug. Bug Reports

The gloves convert bleed to ignite but not the hit damage from Warpath. If all you’re after is the ignites then yes.

No, you’d have the same ailment proc chance it’d just all be ignite instead of bleed and ignite.

I have a similar question to this that I’ve been meaning to ask. If you take the node in warpath to convert the damage to fire and damage is based on your weapon then is all of your weapon damage converted to fire when you use warpath? Or am I misunderstanding because I’m confused when using that node that my damage increases more on Increase Physical Damage than Increase Fire Damage.

Any untyped damage on your weapon (eg, most implicits were changed to +x melee damage from +x melee physical damage) will take the element of the skill tags. So if you have a weapon with +10 melee damage and Warpath has the fire tag then for Warpath that weapon does +10 fire damage.

I’m thinking maybe in that case while they changed the implicit from +x melee damage from +x melee physical damage, that maybe Increase Physical Damage ups that melee damage? Otherwise it’s probably the dps display being wrong for warpath skill.

Thanks for the information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.