How do you embed an image in a post?

I see it sometimes, but no idea how to do it.

From Imgur.com you need to click on the 3 dots in the top right of the image, get share links & then copy the BBcode & paste that onto a blank line in your post.

Llama beat me to it but here you go.

2 Likes

That’s what my wife says…

1 Like

What about non-imgur sites?

The same applies… you just need to have a direct URL to an image on a separate line in the post…

Some sites dont like direct image linking so those will probably not work, but most do…

here is one just found from google and posted the direct link to the jpg…

https://previews.123rf.com/images/yayayoy/yayayoy1702/yayayoy170200006/72100307-emoticon-making-a-funny-face.jpg

It seems “Google Photos” does not give you a URL which ends in “.jpg” or other known image type, so those do not work.
I used my Discord channel to post a pic and then link to that and it worked. :slight_smile:

Yah… sometimes you have to View source and check the media to find the direct image URLs and even then they jump through hoops to prevent it as much as they can by obfuscating the filenames etc… Annoying, but I understand why they try to do this… imgur is the simplest but your Discord trick is just as easy provided you have a discord account obviously…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.