How do I get a monolith to have only one type of unique?

So I was just watching a couple of 8.5 videos where youtubers were showing how to efficiently hunt specific uniques in monoliths. Both of them, at the beginning of the videos, showed a quick screen with a monolith page with the choice of both the “early” version of the monolith and the level 100 version of the monolith. On that page they, far to quickly, mentioned that you can use that page to choose what type of unique you want to hunt out of that monolith’s regular types of uniques that spawn.

I am wondering if that option is available prior to level 100? or do I have to wait until I am level 100 to target a type of unique…

In that case, it seems better to not hunt a specific unique earlier than level 100 and just level up hard and fast.

I would greatly appreciate insight into this quandry.

Thank you

Each timeline has a specific, fixed category of unique/set item (chest, boots, etc) that can be a randomly chosen reward for any given node in it. This is listed in the UI when you click on the monolith. If you want a unique for a specific slot, you choose the timeline that rewards that slot.

Ahh Okay. Thank you Bronco. I know that used to be the case when I played up until a year ago but due to the youtubers talking about it but flying through that topic so fast I thought maybe an update had occured that allowed you to target a specific type of unique within the list of uniques that a particular monolith might drop. For instance, Black Sun can drop Helmets or Shields according to tunklab but they seemed to indicate that, within say Black Sun, you could further use a UI to choose Black Sun to drop not both types but either Helmet OR Shield… your choice. I found that hard to believe until you confirmed what I thought. I must have just misunderstood the youtubers since they flew over the topic so far. Thank you again for clearing that up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.