How can such an item be crafted?

I saw legendary gloves Falcon Fists with following modifiers in red color:

• 5% of Current Health lost per second
  • 5% of Missing Health gaines as Ward per second

I know that these modifiers are parts of experimental items. I also know that a legendary item can be crafted in using a unique and an exalted item after finishing Temporal Sanctum. And I never saw these modifiers on an exalted item outside encountering and defeating Exiled Mage.

Now my question: how can such a legendary item with experimental affixes be crafted?

Thanks in advance!

You need Falcon Fists with legendary potential and exalted gloves with this experimental affix. It can drop from exiled mages, or by applying a glyph of insight on exalted gloves and praying to RNG.

Actually, Glyph of Insight is not rng… but I haven’t experimented with it or looked up rules.

2 Likes

Thank you. The glyph of insight is the only way to add experimental affixes to exalted in order to upgrade uniques to legendaries. Now I understand the process.

Well no… Experimental items can drop exalted too. But since glyph of insight isn’t RNG it can be easy to add it to gloves you might already have.

3 Likes

Experimental items can only drop by Exiled Mages you free from their jails. You need to find the item with the experimental affix on them, then craft on it. said items CAN drop as exalted items but VERY rarely. You can seal the affix as well with a Rune of Research or a Glyph of Insight. This opens up the affix slot of the experimental item and you can craft a new mod on it.

2 Likes

Experimental items drop as exalted.

Note that that affix is terrible unless you also have Last Steps/Exsanguinous/Robe of Obscurity.

1 Like

This is highly build depended. For my Smite Pala the gloves are all I need.

Glyph of Insight is not random. It is determinsitic.

While that is the most obvious use case, there are a lot of other usecases, that require you to not be full health. Such as received healing effects.

1 Like

yep, I mentioned this after I remembered this little fact in the next sentence.
But for some moron like me who doesn’t know and rather try himself, it appears to be random at first :wink:

It literally states on the Glyph that it is not random.
Especailly when you don’t know how something work, why wouldn’t you read the desc. of that item?

This still does not help you knowing how you can make it determinsitic for your needs, but yeah not random at least^^

1 Like

I have read that it is deterministic, and therefore added this part.

RTFM? You aren’t serious right? Who does something these days? :smiley:

BTW, the above was super helpful. I just ran through the Temporal Sanctum and was surprised that I couldn’t add an Experimental item (Gloves) into the Eternity Cache. Did a quick search if it was possible to apply a Experimental affix into a Legendary item and found the above thread which helped a lot :+1:

Or are using Healing Hands. Then, even a t1 affix is awesome sauce.

Or checking this out Glyph of Insight