Hirelings/Companions (D2 Style'ish)

I would like Hirelings in any way shape or form. Like in Diablo 2. I can give them gear, select some talents, maybe some that complement my personal build. :man_shrugging: Many possible routes here.

I am not against the idea, but if they do add Hirelings, I want the choice of taking one or not to be an actual tradeoff, not an auto-include as long as I can keep reviving it like in D2 or D3.

This topic againā€¦

If hirelings give bonuses that are meaningfull and force me to pick a hireling to be effective Iā€™m against it. I play a pet class if I want some wonky AI companion and donā€™t want to be forced into that kind of crap.

If there is an option to disable said companion and get equaly good stats passivly for not having a companion Iā€™m fine with it as long is it is equaly powerfull.

Baseline I hope weā€™ll never get such a crapy mechanic inagme and the devs use their time to work on important things. Itā€™s just a question of taste at the end of the day.

2 Likes

watch the dev stream from yesterday.
there is no plan for this.

this is the best you will get Melvernā€™s Writ

besides,
every time hirelings shoot, they will take away 1 gold and 1 exp :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

I would not like hirelings in any way, shape, or form. Theyā€™re not interesting or engaging, and offer no effect on gameplay beyond being walking power creep.

2 Likes

thats why some enemies and monolith echoā€™s have ā€œfocus on attacking playersā€ modifiers

also, some people just feel lonely :smiley:

it would be interesting to see how many/long people sit and talk to their hireling if they gave it ai auto response :smiley:

1 Like

Just here to say that Iā€™m fully against this idea. I donā€™t want to be forced to play minion build or lose some power around which the game will be balanced.

3 Likes

oooh ok, thanks for the clarification^^ well then its off the table i assume