Highest corruption you've reached?

I do exactly this with Netflix/AmazonPrime and others… I just tend to get to a decent corruption level for the build and then farm without worrying about anything but the boss or orobyss killing me… :wink:

1 Like

I’m basically really bored but still want to play, I don’t even understand it myself so my plan is to raise corruption until I die consistently…then switch and repeat, might as well find out which of my favorite builds performs the best.

My strongest character did push some timelines between 550 and 600.

There are plenty of builds, that I could make more into a meta-slave build to push even higher, but I prefer having a build that I enjoy over a “objectively more powerful” build.

However, most of my endgame grind, like doing several Vessels In One timeline for massive Unique farming etc. I do between 350 and 450, because it’s just faster and saver, since timeline stability gain does not matter for it.

I think in some previous patches some builds could handle between 800 and 900, I think that should be fairly similar still and with totally min-maxed builds with some lucky 1 or 2 LP endgame uniques you might be able to break the 1000.

1 Like

How much stability do you get at that corruption and is there a ceiling? I haven’t really bothered pushing corruption high since I was catching up on the updates but I’m about to start

I don’t push, it takes too long and I have so many characters to play…
My best is - if I remember well - 207. I’ve been trying to get the Shade’s belt and I’d like to have Apathy’s Maw with Legendary Potential.

Apologies

Corruption scaling does not have a ceiling, but it does have diminishing return.

At 500+ corruption you can reach 100 Timelinestability per echo relatively easily.
Timelinestability obviously still scales with depth and the deeper you are in an echo web, the less nodes there are you can choose between.

So the majority of nodes I do complete have like 80-90 Timeline stability, which is enough to unlock a boss with 10-12 echoes completed.

The main thing that corruption does in terms of difficulty, besides pure numeric scaling, is capping out modifiers like GB and CSA.
This means even a single echo of GB gives mobs 100% and 35% CSA respecitvely, evne without being that deep into the web already.

But With 300+ corruption you do get substantially more Exalted and specific Unique/Set Item Rewards and Vessels (both Memory and Chaos), which is the main reason as mentioned above, I am doing this.

Preparing a timeline for several hours to reap your hard accumulated Unique echoes does feel very rewarding.
We are talking 30-4ß Unique Weapon/Helmeets (or whatever timeline you are doing) within a couple of dozens echoes.

Only the preparation part does take a HUUUUGE amount of time, but if that is too boring for you, you can also “prepare” a timeline as a side task every now and then, whiel still playing some other timelines. You can build up that one timeline over the course of several days.

Woah! :flushed:

1 Like

See, this is my biggest gripe with the current system (keep in mind, i’m still relatively new).

I feel like having to complete 30+ echoes to fight the timeline boss once is unreasonable, even at lower corruption levels. I understand that this is balanced this way so that part of your reward for higher corruption is being able to fight the bosses more often, but it just feels HORRIBLE, especially when you’re farming for a rare drop off of a corrupted boss and have to fight him 3-5 times before it drops. That’s easily days worth of farming.

Obviously, once your corruption is high, you can fight the bosses more frequently and farm more efficiently, but usually you need the rare drops BEFORE you can get your corruption high, which kind of defeats the purpose of that particular reward.

I’ll admit that part of the problem here is me being conflicted between pushing a specific character up above 200 corruption vs trying out new builds, but 25-35 echoes before fighting the boss still seems like too much in my opinon.

I just wanna say I do respect your opinion, but I also heavily disagree.

• First off: You can reach 200-300 Corruption with just Rare Items on a lot of builds (yes there are some builds that require specific items)

• Second: Each MoF Timeline Boss has 4 drops, 3 can already drop on normal, one is empowered only. If you specific build really needs one of these items (except the empwoered only) to “go off”, you can very easily do this on normal, which is way faster.

• Third: There needs to be chase items, that are worth putting in the effort, only a small fraction of those super rare items are actually build enabling. I do agree, that most build-enabling items should be relatively easy accessable and this already is true. But there should be a couple of items enabling super fun build, that are actually really rare

Currently finishing a timeline does take roughly 30-60 min(Normal Timelines take closer to 30 min and Empowered do take ~60 mins)
The bosses do drop 1 items guaranteed (1 of 2, so with 50/50 chance) and the 3rd reward, that can drop in normal, but it’s fairly rare. But it also can be manipulated by %inc. Item Rarity

I think the target farmability in LE is actually a little bit too easy. The new LP/Legendary System definitely made this better, because even if you get your buold enabling items, you still have a lot of chase upgrades.

It could be that I just haven’t tried pushing too far. Of the 2 characters i’ve gotten the highest, one needed Salt the Wound (Poison Umbral Blades Rogue), the other (Cold Sorc) needed Frostbite Shackles off of one of the timeline bosses, Twisted Heart off of another, as well as recommending Gasper’s Insight off of a 3rd timeline boss. I actually got the helm on the 1st kill, which got me motivated to try the build in the first place. It took me about 7 kills of the other bosses to get the drops, and it was extremely frustrating.

I realize that specific build is a bit of an outlier as far as requiring specific items and stacking specific stats (in this case freeze rate), but it was definitely off putting.

Everything you just mentioned are buil elevating unique, but they are not requried to make the build playable.

So I think its ok, I you need a couple of boss runs to drop specific items. While you farm the boss you will also still imrpove your character in other areas.

Also did you utilize %inc. Item Rarity, to get better chances dropping the Uniques you mentioned, that are MoF Uniques (so not Salt The Wound)?

I am just curious if you used all the tools available to improve your chances.

I wasn’t really paying attention to the modifiers at the time, I suppose I could get better at that. I wasn’t sure if it applied to bosses.

Does that mean if I stack this modifier up, the boss will get the offensive modifiers, but will have a higher chance of dropping his rare items?

You don’t necessarily need to stack offensive modifiers.

The stat “x %increased Item Rarity”, which comes from corruption and stacked modifiers does increase the chances of dropping the non-guaranteed uniques (2 out of 4 MoF Timelineboss Uniques). We don’t have the exact formula, but it’s definitely very noticeable.

If you struggle already, you can still use some clever tactic and stack 6 5 modifers that don’t do much for your build or stack modifers with hard caps (like GB).

The maximum amount of modifers you can stack are 6 5, you need to start with an echo that gives a modifier, that last 6 echoes, then one that lasts at least 5 echoes, then 4 echoes etc.

If you plan this out and have enough of the Echo Web revealed, you can literally choose modifiers like a “Wishlist”

EDIT: corrected to 5 enemy modifiers maximum.

I don’t want to be picky, but the maximum amount of modifiers you can stack for a bossfight is 5. I correct this as not to confuse new players.

Clarifying: If you choose Echoes with modifiers, that last 6-5-4-3-3 echoes you end up with 5 modifiers that last 1-1-1-1-2 echoes. Unfortunately there is no way to integrate another sixth modifier (at least at corruption <300).

Cheers :slight_smile:

Can’t you just clear mods that last 6-6-6-5-5 or something like that? Or are those mods that last 6 nodes extremely rare?

That doesn’t change the fact that (assuming the node that gives the mod counts as the 1st for that mod) you can only stack 5 mods on the boss.

I understand the basic idea, I just haven’t tried it in game yet…at the time I was more focused on getting as many boss kills as quickly as I could.

Also, random question…do quest echoes count towards these totals? If so, I would need to make sure all of those are done before stacking mods.

Yes, I meant 5 modifiers in total, if you start with one that last 6 echoes.
Because modifiers will already count down 1 echoes, when finishing the echo it first applied.

Little brain lag right there, thanks for correcting me.

That doesn’t make any difference, when you cleared the first echo, the modifier already does count down 1, so it lasts 5 more echoes.

Every echo after this only needs to last at least enough echoes, than the modifier that lasts the shortest.

So lets say you have 3 modifiers left lasting: 4; 4; 5 echoes, you can do any other echo with at least 4.

Doing another one with 5 or 6 will not increase the total modifiers you can stack.

If you pre-plan this you can still kill the bosses as quick as possible, doing this tactic does not make the process slower.

You just need to make the timeline stability exactly fill up the 3rd quest echo on the last echo completed in that series.

Shade and Boss Echoes do not reduce the Number Of Echeos left on Enemy Modifiers, but Beacons, Vessels and 1st and 2nd Quest Echo do

At 560 atm with shadow cascade.

Going to push up to 1000 to join the club if possible.

The challange im trying to create is i need to pay attention or i might die, so that mono doesnt become a mindless threadmail.

Also this whole “keeping corruption at comfortable level for farming” is just lazy and rubbish excuse.

You are only corrupting 1 damn timeline to push your build to the limit. You can leave the others at your “comfortable farming level”

Excuse for what? :smiley:

In my case, I did push it way further already, but I prefer to be on a difficukly, where I can take any combination of modifiers, that will give me way more freedom In choosing echoes.

Finding out where the limit is is definitely interesting, but that doesn’t mean you need to stay at that level.

That it cant push corruption? sourgrapes? or i dont know, refuse to face reality?

Plenty of “i dont see the need to push corruption” “im keeping mine at 200 to farm omni” people in the chat, when pushing corruption is essentially part of end game.