Higher damage weapon or lesser one with minion damage?

Which should I choose for a companion build?

Normally it would be the one with ā€œminion damageā€ but it all depends on your build and the minions you are using, which is part of the build.

1 Like

Four companions and swipe. Focusing on minion damage, minion attack speed, bleed, and shred. Then attack speed for swipe to spread shred and bleed.

As an aside, as I have nothing to offer here, but am I the only one who wishes the Primalist didnā€™t need Minions for everything? The Rogue is cool and all, but I want my Barbarian fantasy. :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic, does the Beastmaster with the single pet passive, and say Sabertooth, feel any good to play?

I tried a single Raptor. It was a slower than six companions.

No.

However the BM with a solo Scorpion is extremely potent. Stack Minion damage and Minion DoT.

Minion Damage all the way. You will be using Swipe for reasons other than damage. Things like:

To trigger the companion ability and heal it (usually for solo companion builds)
To restore Mana on hit
To summon Spirit Wolves (these are strong for you since they scale with Minion Damage)

Itā€™s rarely used for any serious damage in a Minion build; the Minions do all the heavy lifting. You could go with an Obsidian Axe 2-hander though. It can take BOTH Minion flat melee damage affixes.