Help with my "Big Numbers" Void Knight ft. Erasing Strike

Hi there! I’ve been playing a lot of different build ideas trying to get a feel for the other, non-Falconer classes for a change; in the interest of doing something different, I’m looking to play Void Knight with big damage numbers using Erasing Strike and Void Cleave. It’s fun so far, literally deleting enemies from existence, but I want to know if I’m on the right track.

Edit: To clarify, I don’t know what I’m doing with Volatile Reversal, and I’m not sure what other skills I would need. Void Cleave as a Traversal skill was a happy coincidence, because I didn’t realize it was there initially lol. So far I’m thinking to hoard Cooldown Recovery and going without a skill like Rive. Either way, the skills could use some work.

This is what I have planned currently - I’m level 21, so it’s obviously a WIP, but the uniques I have available/equipped are there. Not gonna keep my Fighting Chance gloves on forever, for example, but they’re helping in the here and now lol.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide :slight_smile:

Well for starters I’d advice getting skillpoints into Erasing Strike instead of Rebuke, given your agenda.

Passives look solid, except the 10 points in forgeguard are better spent on Time Legion in the VK tree.

A few more early/mid game uniques to look for: Decayed Skull (helm), Code of an Erased Sentinel (Relic) and Titan Heart (chest).
Late game: Apathy’s Maw (2h axe) is going to outperform 90% of all exalteds, especially if you get one with LP. Omnis is an excellent lategame amulet, if you can get one with decent rolls. Anchor of Oblivion is an amazing lategame defensive relic. Shattered Chains is a great lategame belt, and Siphon of Anguish is an exceptional ring for any voidknight, and has excellent synergy with Apathy’s Maw.

Anyway, those are my 2c.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean by the first sentence - I already have points in Erasing Strike. Did you mean Volatile Reversal, or something else? Rebuke is kind of a filler, thinking in case I needed to tank a hit. I could remove it for VR, but I would need more knowledge on what the intended purpose of VR is for the build; maybe I’m just being thick and missing it.

Time Legion confused me a bit because I didn’t think Time Rot helped my goal, and the Attack Speed possibly didn’t help either if I’m just alternating attacks when they come off cooldown. If it’s purely for the Echo chance then I could understand that.

I’ll keep an eye out for those uniques: I have the Skull, just can’t wear it yet heh

Sorry, I completely missed it despite double checking lol.

You’re right about time rot, although 10% echo chance more or less translates to 10% more damage against bosses, plus the extra attack speed just feels smoother. That being said, Eternal Form is an excellent defensive alternative.

I’ll be honest: I didn’t even notice Eternal Form until I actively searched for it lol. Can’t go wrong with more Health! :smiley:

Hello there.

When I played a similar build, a very long time ago, I was using Rive as a mean to regain mana, thanks to the passive in basic Sentinel tree (instead of Rebuke, obviously). I would use the points you have in Forge Guard to get the mana node.
With the build as you show I would be afraid of running out of mana all the time, especially with very low cooldowns, and not using Volatile Reversal.

Rotation was straightforward, Void Cleave - Erasing Strike (always crit) - Rive - Rive - Rive, repeat.

With this rotation, I wouldn’t bother too much with cooldown reductions, that should free a few points in Void Cleave and Erasing Strike for more damage (and always remember, + skill level for VC and ES are the best affixes you can get).
I would probably also get the node giving more duration to sigils, they can be a pain to keep up.

Hope this helps, happy bashing.

Edit: I agree with Caveman, Time Legion is a pretty good node, even if you don’t care about Time Rot. Attack Speed does help if you add Rive to the mix. And Eternal Form is great too. You probably don’t need 12/12 in Woe, if you want to swap a few points around.

prepare yourself for mana problems.
Void well is very good, you can get 240 total mana with just passives and blessing and that is already 24mana/s which would equal +300% increased mana regen. For bosses you can get essences from from Erasing Strikes Essence of the End.
Anomaly and Volatile Reversal are used for burst damage, Mark of Rot is 100% increased damage taken, Harbinger of Dust 30% and Food for Wyrms a bunch more.

If you dont like Reversal, you can also just use Healing Hands, its bugged and the ward gain scales with increased healing effectiveness. Even in a slow attacking build like this, which has no business using it, you can get a couple thousands.(might get fixed tho who knows)

I’d rather not rely on a bug, but I’ll definitely consider the info about Mana. Thanks :slight_smile:

It’s not that I don’t like Reversal - I just honestly don’t know how to use it effectively. Half the time when it’s on my bar I press it accidentally lol, or as an “oh crap I made a mistake and got chunked; let me reverse it” button. Maybe I wasn’t understanding how the damage-increasing nodes would help me, but I hopefully have a better handle on them now.

I did some tweaking based on all of your suggestions; the updated version is below. I ran out of points for Future Mind to help with Mana, so maybe that needs to change again. That said I picked up Void Well, Time Legion, and some of Eternal Form. Skill-wise I shuffled Erasing Strike around to get Essence of the End and Certain Erasure, Sigils of Hope now has Enduring Hope, Mark of Rot on Anomaly, and Volatile Reversal is there instead of Rebuke. I did not take the no-Mana node on VR, to alleviate my Mana problems a bit - the thought being that I could do the combo, hit VR, then have the Mana to do it again.

I didn’t incorporate Rive because I placed the points elsewhere and forgot about “Time and Faith”. I wanted a sixth skill on my Falconer; now I need it again for the Void Knight lol.

Thanks again everyone for all of your help :purple_heart:

That means youre missing out on the dmg boost.
Its honestly not very useable unless youre playing a broken build that can facetank bosses, and during monolith its useless anyways.
Replacing it with Rive just for Time and Faith is probably not worth it, but Vengeance is not a bad support skill at all: 20% more global damage, 38.5% damage reduction, 30% chance for Void Essence on retaliate. I will definitely use it when Healing Hands get fixed.

I’m honestly cool with not running VR; removing that can make room for a skill that doesn’t cost Mana. I’ll give Vengeance another look, while I’m at it.

I like the idea of the Ripostes and additional damage reduction - output probably won’t be as high as with Rive, but my Big Numbers are coming from the other two skills anyway.

…Honestly I did myself a disservice not reading every skill’s tree from the start, like I did with the Falconer. I keep missing synergies and the like that could help me. I zeroed in on the ones I wanted and ignored the rest, like the aforementioned Vengeance.

I can confirm that Vengeance with Bolster in conjunction with Time and Faith is great both defensively and offensively (more mana = more damage).

If I were you, I would ditch Sigils of Hope for it. Not only are they extremely annoying to constantly recast, but with decent gear it doesn’t actually add as much damage as you would think (about 25% more dps in my case), but a large portion of that can actually be made up by Vengeance’s Dark Dualist node, providing the best of both worlds.

Also, - in particular if you pick Vengeance’s Essence of revenge+vindication - there’s no need to have Void Essences on both kill (from the passive tree) and Erasing Strike crit.
If you stick with the one from the passive tree along with from the Vengeance tree, that frees up 3 points to put into either Ruthless, Erasure of the living or Dust to Wind depending on your preference.

This build hits like a truck, but eventually you start hitting a brick wall against bosses due to the fact that the build has a ton of burst damage, but once you actually calculate its DPS over a 10-20 second time period, its actually quite poor.

When I hit that brick wall, I managed to break through it by going the Shattered Continuity/Time Loop/Chamber of Fate Route with Abyssal Echoes +80% damage to slowed enemies autocasted from Void Cleave, along with a stupendous amount of mana (500+), t7 mana on vengeance/rive hit on either helm or chest, plus smart use of VR.

Eventually I just lost interest once i hit corruption 200+, as Shade of Orobyss would take like 5 minutes and switched to Rive, which did the job in less than 20 secs. But it sure was fun while it lasted. Good luck!

Agree
I am playing the build that similar to what you said
Despite ES is making a big number of damage, the average DPS is not that good
This build I will assume it capped at around 300-400 corruption or less , unless you have all the good gears, it may make to further

For that to be enough to fill Void Well on its own it would require you to tank a hit from a boss every 0.7 seconds, even if bosses would attack that fast, which they dont, they would probably kill you. And for Echo blasting it is useless because VC ES just zooms.

That is pathetic, i slam it in 4 combos and i dont even have legendaries yet. An Apathys Maw with crit multi or melee void will literally double my damage.

(I didnt ask for the Healing Efficiency rolls, would prefer Strength, Healing Hands is actually for the extra melee attack proccing on hit effects.)

If you dont wanna copy pasta my final hour version, show me your build and ill tell you how to make it slap as well.

300-400 Corruption? We’ll be lucky if I maintain attention on this one build long enough to get that far lol. Endgame in ARPGs generally doesn’t interest me - I’m here to craft an idea and enjoy the ride, not press the gas on how far it can go. Once I hit my wall - usually via getting bored/having an idea for a different setup - I move on.

I appreciate everyone’s help, but I was never here for an OP build haha. Just a fun one :slight_smile:

Ignoring your better-than-though attitude for just a second, that’s not what I was claiming. I was pretty explicit about vengeance supplementing the VK passive Essence of the End.

1 Like