Help with loot filter

I’ve read a couple articles on the loot filter and I think I understand how it works, but the results are coming out weird.

For example, line 1 is (abbreviated) “Affixes equal to or above tier 3”. An item drops highlighted, one tier 2 affix, that’s it. Any idea why this items was getting highlighted when it didn’t meet my criteria? In case anyone asks, the only other line is “Level is greater than 39”, but the item was level 24.

It feels like it’s pulling random conditionals instead of what I ask for.

Please help.

Edit: I just had a lvl 6 no-affix white item show up as highlighted. There’s no way this should have been picked up in the filter.

So… just a little try to help you for self-help then.

Try to change it to: “Affixes equal to or under tier 3”
(changed it based on your words, ingame it looks different)

Try to change it to: “Level is lower than 39”
(changed it based on your words again, ingame it looks different)

It is really hard to help you, when we don’t know the specifics.

You should always attach the loot filter you are talking about (Loot Filter are saved in X:\Users[Your User Name]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Filters), this way there will not be any confusing with wording or if you mean other stuff, than we think.

My first thought when reading your description was. That you wondering why the game shows items you have not specifically choosen.

The Loot Filter does NOT hide items by default. If you do not hide items, you will always see all items.

Also i am not sure what do you mean with “highlighted”, are you talking about “emphasize”? Or generally just items that are shown?

For the emphasize feature, there is a weird bug, that some times random items get emphasized.

Here again. Do you mean that the items was simply shown? Or was it “highlighted”?
Because if you don’t hide white items, it wil still show.

Just attach your loot filter and we will help you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.