Help - Minion attack speed calculations

Hey all,
I could use some help, as the title suggests with how minion attack speed works! I am maybe being dumb but I don’t quite get what the tooltip insinuates. Let’s take the wolf for example. It says the following:

Base Speed: 0.917 Per Second.
Use Delay: 0.5 Seconds
Use Duration: 1.2 Seconds

So how often does this mean the melee attack actually hits? Does it mean it hits every 2.617 seconds (Base Speed + Use Delay + Use Duration). Or does it trigger every 0.917 seconds regardless of the other values and therefore you still get hits every 0.917 seconds after the initial?

If the answer is the combined sum then when scaling with attack speed, does that affect the total or just the base speed?

Any help appreciated!

As I understand it:

Use Delay = time after getting in range before attack starts. This is probably to prevent some weirdo AI mechanics.
Use Duration: I think this is the full animation time, but doesn’t mean it can’t be stopped for the next attack.

Base Speed = The actual attacks / second it’ll do, once it’s in position.

1 Like

Ah, thank you!

I think that might be where I was getting confused. So the animation doesn’t necessarily have to have finished before the next attack hits! Therefore an attack will still hit every 0.917 seconds (base speed).

It’s kinda not clearly explained anywhere (Tunk is probably the best source for raw data)

But yes, the attack speed is just that.
The Delay & Duration (and the “Settle Low Priority Ratio”) seem to be more about animations and movement than actual dummy DPS.

Again, as I understand it. I’m just interpreting the data as how I think it works.

1 Like