Health notes in the passive tree

So I learned that you want as much HP as possible. Especially on gear with hybrid health and %-health. So I thought you need some + flat HP for the %health to matter which I would get from my passive tree notes.
But most build guides I see don’t take them. They only take “hunter’s restoration” for the % hp. Am I missing something? Even in the leveling guides they skip the flat HP. I would see that the flat HP loose value in endgame with end gear but not at the start?

Pls help :smiley:

You can get a lot of HP in different ways. I just want 2.5k+ hp on my toon at least and if I get those bey other means I don’t specc into HP or resi stuff at all and opt in for more dmg. Most build guides are tinkered very well and work fine as they are because they consider a lot of things. If you feel the need to specc for HP do so but you end up with a bit less dmg. If you feel like you have enough HP use your points for more dmg or to cover another weakness of your toon. It’s all up to every user and how they like to approach things.