Healing VS Leech VS Regen VS Ward Gen

Now that leech seems to have been sorted out over the past 20 post. @XLVI_carpo @Llama8

What do you guys think would make health regen/ healing better or do you like it the way it is?

Healing

• Healing amounts should stay the same but healing should be applied at a heal rate which can be improved through heal rate affixes/passives just as leech can get improved leech rate.
    Healing applying 1x/s is just to slow for the pace of combat atm especially engame.

• Over healing gives ward at 1/10 its value. A skill that heals for 300 health (which is a huge heal) to a full health ally would instead give 30 ward (it really isn’t that much)

Health regen

• Either add more flat values or make health regen have % of maximum health values. % of maximum health would be more beneficial as that way people who stack more health wouldn’t have a diminishing return on flat amounts.

any thoughts?

Targeted healing spells/skills should have other benefits beyond just the healing.

• A “pre-heal” in the form of a bubble the absorbs X amount of damage.
  • A heal that does a small burst heal as well as a heal over time (4 seconds, spec up to 10).
  • A heal over time (4 seconds, spec up to 10) that can also buff resists, max hp, armor, etc. depending on spec.
  • A heal that “overheals” (looks like red ward on health globe). It decays over time like ward. Target “rages” with adrenaline. Buffs some offensive stats at the cost of lowered defensive stats until overcapped health is gone.

Health Regen should probably just have either a higher base value, or scaled to max HP. There should also be hybrid health regen affixes that add a flat amount and a percent increased amount. Maybe change Vitality again to " grants 10 health, +1 health regen, and 2% increased health regen.

This is a bit OP as you could just do massives heals on yourself before going into battle, kind of like stacking 100k ward with rip blood a couple of patches ago.

+1 health regen per point of vit would be a nice addition.

I think you assume too much here. I gave no indication of amount of damage it could absorb or cooldown. It could be a 60 second cooldown for just a 300 HP shield and it would be widely considered trash. It could be balance in a way that wasn’t OP while still be useful.

+1 % mana regeneration per point of attunement then too, plz.

1 Like

This would be totally overpowered. You can easily reach 40, 50 60 attunement.

Mana is and should be a important ressource and with stuff like this you can trivialize it.

Also attunement is a attribut not every class can use. so the disparity in being able to get mana regen would be insane.

I know, but 60 Attunement would like be +6 mana regeneration.
On a world Vitality gives +10 Health AND +1 Health Regeneration it’s ok i think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This will be way too off-topic. If you feel like it, open up a thread about mana regen.
(6 mana regen, from a attribut that also scales you damage a bit i waaaaaay too much)

Of course Vitality needs to be tweaked, if it would get flat hp regen.

You heard of irony, yes?
(I NEITHER would like to see the above descripted (suggestioned) vitality change nor my ironical attunement suggestion.)

No i cannot hear irony, through written text.

I do like the suggestion of flat hp regen for vitality, even though the numbers needed to be tweaked. (We only have 3 affix slots where we can get flat hp regen currently and like 8 for % health regen)

I already read alot of crazy stuff here on the forums, so spotting irony get’s really hard.
No reason to get huffy.

That’s why i “set” this ironical smiley… but ok, we should end this.

If vitality become 4 - 7 HP AND the suggested +1 flat hp regeneration it would be fine i think, too.
And i think the point of only having this few affix slots where we can get hp regen currently is because it is the stronger part of hp regen. (it’s just like increased crit chance vs base crit chance)

It should also be noted that Vitality doesn’t scale anything for skills. Vitality, you get what you see. Attunement scales lots of skills, so it has other uses besides what Attunement itself gives.

1 Like

If to be honest, I strongly believe that max-HP / max-MP should always be bound with HP-reg / MP-reg. I mean like: Base HP-reg = 10% max-HP / sec. That’s it. Increase your HP by 50% and get 50% increased HP-reg value… automatically. Also current character parameters are pretty dump. We have affix to increases HP and VIT… why the heck we have to things doing the same. It is a main attribute. Why not give it combined value. I mean like …

+1 VIT -> +5 HP (and 0.5 HP-reg as a result), 1% faster escape from stunned state
+1 STR -> +3% armor, +3% stun chance, +1% stun duration
+1 DEX -> +3 dodge rate and crit avoidance, +30 stun avoidance

etc.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.