Healing VS Leech VS Regen VS Ward Gen

It should also have a cap so you can’t infinitely scale a health pool. I just always really liked that build in PoE. It was a neat new way to build. Obviously it shouldn’t be more powerful than any other mainstream build. There will always be build tiers for these types of games. I just want a great deal of variety and neat ways to play.

One way to pull leech back is how fast the leech heals you. That is the aspect that PoE balances around a lot. Leech rate could be tied to a percentage of your max health per second to scale it. Would need to be more than Regen since Regen is just passive and always on.

Just throwing in more ideas on leech:

• Tie leech effectiveness to your current % of health above 50%

• Below 50% hp = 100% leech
    • Above 50% hp = -2% leech for each 1% above that 50% threshold - this means your leech will decrease the more you refill your hp pool with 0% at full health
  • Make leech not leech damage dealt, but leech x% if your current missing health

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention this, thanks.
But lets analyze this further. Compare it to possible PvP. First problem that leech characters can meet is multiple protection layers of those who oppose them. 70+ resistances, 50+ damage reduction from armor and some more. This effectively lowers damage AND leech by 8+ times.

But mobs mostly have no such reductions. So maybe this is the decision? Mobs should scale their health much slower, but other damage negating attributes - faster.

Of course, this approach requires some corrections for Ward. For example, leech effectiveness should be reduced (2+ times) while damaged enemy has Ward?

Some suggestions on leech:

Example 1:
If there is a enemy with 1.000 HP and you have 100.000 damage with 10 % leech now, you leech 10.000 HP from the said enemy with 1.000 HP. How come?

Example 2:
If there is a enemy with 10.000 HP and you have 100.000 damage with 10 % leech now, you leech 10.000 HP from the said enemy with 10.000 HP. How come?

What it should be 1:
If there is a enemy with 1.000 HP and you have 100.000 damage with 10 % leech, you leech 100 HP from the said enemy with 1.000 HP.

What it should be 2:
If there is a enemy with 10.000 HP and you have 100.000 damage with 10 % leech, you leech 1.000 HP from the said enemy with 10.000 HP.

…and so on…

Conclusion:
You can allways leech 10 % of what you’re damage dealt on reality, and not of what you dreamed on fantasy numbers on your char sheets. (like getting 10.000 HP out of 1.000 HP on reality)

EDIT: If the enemy has 500 Ward and 1.000 HP, then ONLY the HP should be leechable. :slight_smile:

Leech being % of damage means that it allways hits the leech cap at end game(which is a % of max hp). Making it way better than all the other forms of healing.

The REAL issue is that the other forms of healing are currently based on FLAT VALUES, instead of being a % of max hp.

@Neokortex
Theres no overleech currently. You cannot leech more hp than an enemy has.

I checked the game guide and it confirms this.

Or did I misunderstand your post?

I’m not sure anymore, maybe someone can clarify it for me a bit.

My thoughts were:

If i have 100.000 k damage and 10 % leech, i ALLWAYS leech that 10.000 HP, regardless of how many HP the enemy has.
-> So if the enemy has 1 HP i still leech 10.000 HP, right?

If that is not true, then i please you to excuse my jabbering. :neutral_face:

I would assume the leech is capped to your leech % & the hp of the mob, otherwise there wouldn’t be any point in the Undisputed axe having overleech.

From the Wiki:

Leech instances are independent and have a fixed duration of three seconds. All leech instances are removed when you reach full health.

I thought overleech extends that a bit, that’s it.

EDIT: My main question: Is this following right?

→ So if the enemy has 1 HP i still leech 10.000 HP, right?

No, that’s not correct. You also neglected to copy the prior paragraph:

Edit: Therefore, the maximum amount of leech you can get from a mob is your % leech multiplied by the max hp of the mob.

1 Like

lacht sich schlapp …das steht da ja echt!

Wow, you got me, you’re correct and i am out. :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure if the wiki is correct in all terms.

The “you cannot leech more health than the enemies max hp” is what I knew and what also is mentioned in the game guide.

The part with “All leech instances are removed when you reach full health.” is outdated. That’s the whole thing why @boardman21 put leech at no.1. You can start leeching while at full hp and it will kick in immediately when you take damage.

I know, that’s why I asked the devs to confirm whether leech is capped at the mob hp or not.

Leech is capped at the mob hp.

1 Like

Just double confirming what RAW said,

You can only leech as much as the enemy has health left.

You do need any overkill damage leeched as health affix, to leech more than the enemy has health left.

1 Like

Now that leech seems to have been sorted out over the past 20 post. @XLVI_carpo @Llama8

What do you guys think would make health regen/ healing better or do you like it the way it is?

Healing

• Healing amounts should stay the same but healing should be applied at a heal rate which can be improved through heal rate affixes/passives just as leech can get improved leech rate.
    Healing applying 1x/s is just to slow for the pace of combat atm especially engame.

• Over healing gives ward at 1/10 its value. A skill that heals for 300 health (which is a huge heal) to a full health ally would instead give 30 ward (it really isn’t that much)

Health regen

• Either add more flat values or make health regen have % of maximum health values. % of maximum health would be more beneficial as that way people who stack more health wouldn’t have a diminishing return on flat amounts.

any thoughts?

Targeted healing spells/skills should have other benefits beyond just the healing.

• A “pre-heal” in the form of a bubble the absorbs X amount of damage.
  • A heal that does a small burst heal as well as a heal over time (4 seconds, spec up to 10).
  • A heal over time (4 seconds, spec up to 10) that can also buff resists, max hp, armor, etc. depending on spec.
  • A heal that “overheals” (looks like red ward on health globe). It decays over time like ward. Target “rages” with adrenaline. Buffs some offensive stats at the cost of lowered defensive stats until overcapped health is gone.

Health Regen should probably just have either a higher base value, or scaled to max HP. There should also be hybrid health regen affixes that add a flat amount and a percent increased amount. Maybe change Vitality again to " grants 10 health, +1 health regen, and 2% increased health regen.

This is a bit OP as you could just do massives heals on yourself before going into battle, kind of like stacking 100k ward with rip blood a couple of patches ago.

+1 health regen per point of vit would be a nice addition.

I think you assume too much here. I gave no indication of amount of damage it could absorb or cooldown. It could be a 60 second cooldown for just a 300 HP shield and it would be widely considered trash. It could be balance in a way that wasn’t OP while still be useful.

+1 % mana regeneration per point of attunement then too, plz.

1 Like