Healing Hands - Void damage conversion

Healing Hands should have a node that converts it’s damage from fire to void. Or the Void Knight tree should have it.

Healing Hands is pretty much mandatory for most builds and Paladin has an incredible advantage compared to VK, who feels unbeliveably out of sync when scaling fire damage.

That’s all, thanks.

1 Like

Lightning first :stuck_out_tongue:

More seriously, I don’t think balancing around the current state of HH would be good for the game, and I’d rather see Divine Barrier get a thorough rework so VKs don’t feel compelled to use it. Paladin’s always going to have a big edge over VK through access to healing effectiveness, whatever damage types become available. I’m not against options, of course, but I do think the electrify smite/HH/Devotion amulet package is crying out for an option, while a lot of convert-to-void nodes remove healing or regen as a downside and HH without its heal is a little bit sad. Maybe just give up the HoT?

1 Like

I don’t understand why they convert damage types to the stellar opposite of the dmg type spectrum to begin with. Why should a paladin or a paladin skill be able to dip into the powers of void? LE already went to far with their dmg conversions and killed class idendity with their washed up conversions from my point of view.

I think it would be a very bad choice. On top of it HH is a spell and giving to VK with vit stacking would most likely lead to stupid interactions with echos and stuff.

I’m completely against this change and I would love to see if classes would stick more to thematical dmg types to make classes feel more differen’t instead of beeing a grey gulp where everything feels almost the same.

I think one of the main problems of the sentinel class is lack of damage type conversions. Just compare sentinel skills to Mage, Acolyte or Primalist. Hell, Chaos Bolts only has more conversion options then all Void knight and paladin skillset combined. Conversions give more variety which is good for the game.
What is hurting class variety are the underpowered specs. If you want to play bleed/physical you go pala, if you wanna go void you go VK. If you wanna play fire you should in theory go FG but the class is so underpowered that pal is outclassing FG in fire damage builds.
Skills on older classes should be reworked to be similar to new designs that are much more interesting and passives should give option to support different variety of possible powers depends on subclass selected.

1 Like

Yeah but look at it from a lore perspective. Void is an awefull power in the universe of LE and deemed bad and evil and worldending. Paladins are by definition the opposite to this power crusaders for everyhting good and true, defenders of the weak enemys of all evil.

From this perspective I see 0 reasons why opposit forces should be enabled. I don’t think that diversity is more important then class idendity and LE ruined class idendity quite a lot with the dmg conversions in place from MY point of view.

LE can introduce Void unicorns if they want and make all classes a grey mush that’s totaly fine if they want to. I would simply not reccomend the game to anyone then and drop it like a hot potato. But that’s only ME I’m just a little random pleb in over amillion copys sold and I only voice my oppinion or my kind of taste when it comes to this.

For the not so subjective part:

100% sadly it was more important to get 1.0 out on the market then to polish the game. Look at paladin for example. Not even a fifth skill in the mastery while they were able to push out 3 new masterys. It’s a shame because I would love to see a good paladin anytimer with neat interactions.

On top of it the Sentinel masteries, even the VK one that is kind of newer, are outdated and not intresting at all. Yeah Forge Guard is fubar and the skills the class has may be intresting on paper but I’m not intrested in hitting like a wet noodle so I don’t play the mastery.

From my point of view we are far from a state of the game that could be called 1.0 while LE is closer to it then many other games on release. A few months ago I said LE needs at least 6-12 more months in the pipeline and I still think this is true. I guess the devs had a reason to push their product on the market in the state it is.

From lore perspective? Sure, you can just roleplay as paladin partially corrupted by void. If you want to go pure void melee/caster you would go VK. But lets say they could add an interaction when you use void skill you curse yourself and cleansing it would give you a power boost. Bum, fantasy of paladin fighting void inside him fulfilled.
I think classes should have access to wide variety of damage types but other should be simply better at specific then the others. Like VK and this niche pala build we talked about in an example.
I really hope 1.1 will bring us the reowork of WHOLE class like Sentinel + subclasses or Primalist + subclasses. Anything less would be a letdown

TBH, if/when the ward gain is changed to not benefit from healing effectiveness VKs will be much closer to Paladins in the amount of ward they’ll be able to get (since they can benefit from it being echo’d) but they’ll still have less healing effectiveness so less flat damage for HH but more procs of it (from echo’d Vengeance/Rive).

Because the VK is a “fallen” Paladin, so they use their normal skills void-empowered.

That’s completely new to me because the class is presented everywhere as a sentinel who dipped into the void powers by choice. Do you have any sources about that because google says you are completely wrong ^^.

Yeah, that’s usually how it works. That’s how Anakin became Darth Vader for example.

Who cares? VK =! fallen Paladin. I still can’t find any reason why stellar opposit powers should be converted. Sure at the end of the day the game world is full of magic and stuff and that could explain everything still i don’t want conversion mashups that kills class idendity.

So a mastery shouldn’t be able to use skills or passives from the other un-selected masteries?

1 Like

It’s still about dmg conversions :smiley: . It’s just not to my liking. It’s like saying we need fire conversions for all VK skills and lightning conversions on top. And Voletail Reversal needs an option to cast Sigils of Hope when used. It just makes no sense to me even when I know why people want it ^^.