Healing Hands: Synthesis of light

Healing hands does not give yourself anywhere near the amount of Ward it should give if you spec into Synthesis of Light.

With 622% Healing Effectiveness and 1 point in Synthesis of Light, it should give 62 ward, but it gives only 6. With 2 points it gives 12. So it’s giving 10% of what it should.

In addition, no ward is given for the proc’s from Cleric’s Hammer, though nothing states this only works on direct casts.

This was tested with Seraph Blade (if relevant)

6 Likes

Seeing the same thing

Same. It is ~50 ward with 744%

Experiencing this as well. I was following a crit/rive build and was so confused why I wasn’t generating the numbers for ward that the build had. Cleric’s Hammer procc’ing HH only seems to generate ward once per few activations.

Seeing the same. With 466% healing effectiveness, 49 attunement, 3 points in synthesis of light, and smite triggered healing hands, I get about 35 ward, which suggests that most of the ward comes from divine barrier.

I think instead of 1 per 10% healing effectiveness, its giving 1 per 100%,

49 attunement gives 24 ward (divine barrier)
3 points of synthesis of light gives 1 per 100% effectiveness = 4*3 = 12

which adds up to about the 35 ward I’m seeing.

I thought I was crazy with how little ward it was generating and decided to retry it. It is honestly insane a brand new skill came out with a bug that might just be a simple number change and has yet to receive it.

I’m running a Cleric’s Hammer proc build (using Vengeance), and the ward generation seems to be working fine for me. (In the sense that it generates some ward, though not the expected amount from Synthesis of Light). The only time it doesn’t generate any ward is if the attack doesn’t hit, since Cleric’s Hammer only procs on a successful hit.

I’ve been seeing similar numbers for my build, and I think you’re probably right. Hopefully this gets addressed soon. Being able to generate 200+ ward per proc would make for a nice buffer against big hits.

Just tested this myself. It appears that the Synthesis of Light node does almost nothing, as reported by others here. Testing without a “missing health gained as ward per second” mod equipped, to avoid triggering Divine Barrier, I get about 27 ward/cast (due to having 55 Attunement and Divine Barrier’s flat base ward) without Synthesis of Light allocated and 42/cast with 3 points in Synthesis of Light, or 15 more ward. That’s just under 5 ward/point. The actual amount I gain from this node should be closer to 240 with 3 points invested, as I have around 800% Increased Healing Effectiveness with Healing Hands.

Since this is a known bug, could the node at least be marked as broken in-game? I wonder how many people out there have spent time on testing this and how many people have it allocated when it doesn’t work.

also the interaction with Unbroken Prayer seems weird. It casts 4 HH per second, but the average ward gained per second is around the same as when I dont spec in this node. what gives?