Healing Hands, some test results from dummy

I did some testing with Healing Hands today. My findings so far:

• does not profit from +fire skills but from + increased fire damage

• does not scale with Attunement

• scales with added spell damage

• scales with healing effectiveness from passives, items and skill tree

• does not scale with Strength when converted to melee attack (Seraph Blade)

• scales with added melee damage when converted to melee attack (Seraph Blade)

• scales with added melee critical strike chance when converted to melee attack (Seraph Blade)

Bugs:

• no DPS tooltip
  • no Fire Tag with Searing Light or Seraph Blade
  • no Attunement tag with Searing Light (intended ?)
  • no Strength tag with Seraph Blade (intended ?)

related Bugs:

• Paladin class bonus (healing effectiveness per Attunement) does not work
10 Likes

Here is another bug: Guardian’s Chant does nothing even if directly casted.

Thanks for running tests and sharing that information.

Another Bug: Area increase nodes and affixes do not affect healing hands.

1 Like

The animation increases visually - while damage or healing area isn’t affected, so it’s easy to be misled.

Also:

• It is not mentioned that Healing Hands is supposed to get the Fire Tag - looks intended.
  • It is not mentioned that it becomes strength scaling with Seraph’s Blade - looks intended.
  • Attunement provides Healing Effectiveness, not the usual 4% damage scaling - looks intended.

Even if turned into a melee attack: directly using Healing Hands still uses cast speed, not attack speed.

2 Likes

Thanks for those test result. These are actually very helpful for building chars!

These 2 are correct. The attribute svaling is mentioned on the tooltip. Skills rarely change attributes (Smite converted to void is a rate example of this happening).

I thought the Searing Light node should give it the fire tag as it adds an upfront fire hit, though the node text does not mention the tag.

Have you tried equipping an item that gives ward/sec bases on missing hp?

Hard to say it’s intended. There are skill nodes that changes skill tags without mentioning.

Really? Not even in the description saying “when 100% of the damage is converted, this skill gets the # Tag?”

1 Like

For example, Temper node from Forge Strike adds flat melee fire damage(no damage conversion), but somehow it also adds fire tag to the skill without mentioning.

1 Like

Hi.
Can you clarify how it does not scale with Attunement?
I’m currently running at around 40 ish Attunement with about 900 HE.
Can I drop the attunement then?
Is there any benefit to it? I just assumed it was one of my main stats and never really gave it a second thought.

It only scales if you took Bane of Evil.

Attunement gives it Healing Effectiveness, not increased or added damage.
So without Bane of Evil, Attunement does nothing for Healing Hands.

Cheers for the reply.
I since checked and tested it.
I am running HH as my main damage source. Each point of Attunement gives me 5% healing effectiveness, which along with fire damage, increases my damage output.
Therefore my main stats for my build will be Healing effectiveness, Attunement, Fire Damage, and then squeezing in crit multi and crt chc where possible. I’ve also been testing damage whilst channeling as this also affects my HH, but only so many slots for so many affixes you know. :wink:
So for now, it appears Bane is not required for my build but Attunement is. Currently at level 98 and 200+ corruption and seems to be holding well.

Did some testing of my own, specifically around Divine Catalyst and what is and isn’t inherited by Divine Bolt from the tree. Some useful observations, and one very puzzling one that I could use a hand unpicking if anyone’s interested.

• Divine Bolt is not converted by Seraph Blade. Unsurprising, but worth noting.
  • Divine Bolt inherits the spell damage from Bane of Evil, but not the crowd control effects from Turn Undead and Halted Scourge. Couldn’t come up with a way to test the damage and DR without completely overhauling my build, but I might come back and do this properly someday.
  • Divine Bolt inherits the damage from Virtue of Patience, though the cast speed penalty is steep enough that this is marginal if your main source of bolts is Divine Catalyst.
  • Divine Bolt is not affected by Divine Barrier, even when Piety causes it to heal allies. No conversion, but also no ward per 2 Attunement. I should probably test the other two ward nodes, but this isn’t a great sign.
  • Urgent Healing did not affect the amount of health restored by a Divine Bolt proc. More details on that below.

As for the size of the heal, I got some very strange numbers. With 282% global healing effectiveness, 240% bolt-specific healing effect from Attunement, and 118% healing effect in my HH tree I was healed for roughly 410 health (my health immediately started decaying again, so it was hard to be precise). If all the heal effect is going through correctly, that suggests a base heal of roughly 55, but Piety is only supposed to have a base heal of 25 (Bolt’s base damage). This is puzzling, but probably academic - I took off all my heal effect gear to be able to get useful test results, and at realistic levels of HE for a HH build, one bolt will fully heal you and cannot be converted to ward.

Hope this helps someone out there. Now if only there was a way to convert bolts (with or without Searing Light) to lightning…

EDIT: Because I forgot about them entirely: The electrify chance and more damage with electrify works fine. The electrify spread is a pain to test, but it doesn’t seem to apply. Without two enemy dummies near each other it’s quite hard to set up on enemies who are moving and dying, especially when you need to exclude things being hit by HH itself

1 Like

That’s definitely gonna help out for my Kitchensink Paladin idea :grin:

1 Like