Healing Hands and Throwing Attacks

Healing hands can be specced to auto-cast with melee attacks that hit and Smite. Has any consideration be made to allow HH to auto-cast with throwing attacks (Shield Throw, Hammer Throw, Javelin)?

2 Likes

Can’t speak to if EHG has considered it or not. But I’ll second a motion to give throwing attacks the ability to proc Healing Hands. Can’t make an argument against it in my head without immediately putting it down.

Let the hammers heal, I say.

1 Like

I think specifically because throwing proccing smite is so powerful, letting throwing attacks also proc healing hands would be too much.

So what you go hammer throw, and proc smite AND healing hands? Seems extra. Said healing hands would heal you as well on top of the smites?

if smite idols didnt exist, you might have a point, but I think creating distinction in what skills proc what is important.

4 Likes

I agree with you it’s stronger, for sure.
There are always ways to balance things though.
Reducing the maximum proc rate could help (seeing as how you can only ever get 36% Smite chance from Throwing attacks + it requires Idol investment as well). Making it so Throwers proc is less is one way to do it.
Another way would be to stop it from healing or dealing damage (but not both) on throwing attacks. So it’s either offensive or defensive and not both.

I certainly agree that if it was just given the same treatment as being cast off Smite and Melee it would be very ridiculous.

1 Like

Hammers can already heal with smite proc tho, right?

1 Like

If you’re within range of the Smite, yes. Never tried HH on Smite so I dont know what that’s like as a ranged heal.

Ya, depends how you set up hammers, the hammers that circle you probably proc smite close enough for the healz

More referring to letting it proc healing hands, not strictly letting them heal you. Words and what not.

My argument would be that as Healing Hands is completely out of balance compared to any other support skill at the moment (it was in 1.0 at least), it has become a complete must-have in almost all sentinel builds.
Throwing builds and Warpaths builds are the only ones left NOT proccing HH on every attack, because they can’t. In every other build, you are massively more powerful with HH than without.

If we give it to them, it means we have one skill that every single sentinel on Eterra will use, no matter which build.
I would find that a bit sad.

Of course, if HH gets reined in (a lot) and becomes a normal skill roughly in line with the others, that would be fine, not everybody would choose it. But reading the patch notes, I fear it will remain the absolute go-to for 1.1 sentinels.

3 Likes

True. It’s a strong ability, I certainly used it in most of my Sentinel builds in 1.0.
It did just get the nerf-hammer with the patch notes that just dropped for 1.1. Wonder if it takes it off being a must have or not.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but this sounds a lot like the flame ward situation on mage :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

HH has a node that automatically targets the HH on you (Homeward). So you can Smite at both close or distant targets and guaranteed always get heals and ward gen. Of course, this means you get no DPS from HH since it’s not hitting the target, but I’m pretty sure that DPS is quite insignificant.

1 Like

HH specced into divine bolts actually does pretty good damage.

Yes - in a build that’s specced for it. But that’s not what we were talking about :slight_smile: For throwing builds, the added DPS of HH would be negligible.

1 Like