Has anyone tried a build around Dark Shroud of Cinders?

Dark Shroud of Cinders

I am struggling to find a build which suits this. Anyone try a build around it? What class do you even start with? :slight_smile:

Interesting, though not sure why Dark Shroud is really used there instead of an normal Body Armor, as it is only providing a tad of Void Spell damage and unspeccā€™ed Fire Auras.

I tried to make one where both the void damage and fire aura were part of the ā€œbuildā€. I focussed on DoT (since fire aura is a DoT), and came up with this horrid monstrosity:

Premise:

• You can clear somewhat with cold-converted lightning blast, but it is applying Time Rots and Dooms as its main DPS.
  • For burst, you do the following: Teleport ā†’ Cold Volcanic Orb (no mana cost) ā†’ Flame Ward ā†’ Snap Freeze (invulnerable for 2 seconds due to self-freeze). The Orb and Cold Fire Aura should apply enough Dooms and DoT to kill whatā€™s around you.
  • Both of those things will also proc Decimate every 4 seconds.

It is used there because it gives a lot of % void Damage in a build that does like 95% void damageā€¦

The fire aura damage is more or less meaningless all that is about is the % void per aura.
DW the Darkknight Blades to get a lot of void base damage, throw in % void from the chest.

2 Likes

If you have 20 stacks of fire aura (which is reasonable), the chest provides up to 1,000% increased void damage to buff the #### out of the up to 100 flat spell void damage (from DWing two of the swords) which then gets added to the fire aura damage. And thatā€™s on top of any generic spell or DoT damage you have. Itā€™s also added to any melee attacks you use.

1 Like

Hm thatā€™s an interesting build, I think I have everything in the stash to give it a try. Any reason for not building crit?

Fire Aura has the DoT tag so doesnā€™t benefit from crit but everything else would.

1 Like

You run 2 Swords with no base crit, you dont get extra crit from amu (it deals void damage but its no void spell) ā€¦ hard to get base crit outside of LBs own tree.

Add in the fact that nor shrouds or the swords have %crit ā€¦ will get painfull to stack crit.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks guys. Now to farm some swords!

Because of this I realise that BLACK HOLE DOES NOT IN FACT DEAL VOID DAMAGE

My immersion is ruined

1 Like

It shouldnā€™t deal void damage, it should deal fire (from the large quantities of Hawking radiation a black hole of that size will be pumping out), not to mention that it should explode on expiry wiping out the entire planet. I suspect the devs werenā€™t going for ā€œrealismā€ in that regard.

Look if we are talking about the physics of voids in space and time, by that logic every void spell should be fire/cold

Anyways,

The simplest answer: USE SENTINEL, as in wear this just for the flat void damage

But if you are hell bent on using a mage and stacking fire aura:
Using Gasparā€™s Set gives you a void effect on casting elemental nova, though I am unsure if the decimate cooldown is separate for the three items or if you have one cooldown of 4 seconds(the difference would make or break the build)

Anchor of Oblivion could also help here if you are stacking endurance due to its proc

Locket of the Forgotten Knight is another proc

Sacrificial Embrace is another interesting item here

IMO, if thereā€™s a real world thing (such as black holes, or physical weapons) then they should utilise the ā€œreal world elementsā€ (ie, a flame thrower would do fire damage, a big hammer would do physical), hence the black hole should, IMO, do fire damage. If a game uses a fantasy thing, such as undead minions, Devouring Orbs & the like then they can do whatever they want which is why Iā€™m ok with a void skill doing void damage. Though, ā€œrealismā€ in a game about time travel & magicā€¦ rolls eyes

I was thinking more about internal consistency, where void spells rend space, so black holes should fit in that logic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.