Hardcore die go back to softcore cycle or back to standard?

They announced that yet?

HC → SC

Nothing else changes.

1 Like

Can we petition at least for a brutal message when we die in hardcore ?
Like… “Get wrecked, you dirty noob.”
Or can you just steal the famous death screen of Dark soul ?

On a sidenote, I’m playing the honour mode of BG3 right now. It’s the hardcorest hardcore hardy-hard-hard thing i’ve tried so far. It’s a delight !

1 Like

Tss tss, you are SO old-fashioned…
Nowadays a “brutal” hardcore message is something like: “Oh no! You are out of HP!!! But don’t worry, you can still revive and keep on adventuring.”
In years to come, I fully expect most games to replace “die” by “lose consciousness”, out of legitimate concern for the players’ mental health.

PS: you are a brave soul! I am still working on my Tactician run, haven’t worked out the courage to try Honour yet…

2 Likes

What’s that?

Basically a new difficulty mode, a sort of ultra tactician. It disables save scumming and you have to complete the whole campaign without dying.

1 Like

So, Ironman.

Yeah, Ironman in pumped up version of the hard mode. The bosses have new “legendary actions”, which makes some fights much much harder (and different from hard mode).

In a game of that length where a bit of luck is involved, it’s quite the feat. :slight_smile:
The steam achievement for completing honour mode is currently at 0.4%

I play often that kind of modes in games (ironman, hardcore, etc.) but I don’t know, this one feels different. I’m always very excited (and scared) to continue the journey.

And the pressure is there; I kinda want to finish it before LE launch :stuck_out_tongue:

Funnily enough, there are already honour mode speedruns under 25mins.

I’m not “that” impressed by glitchy speedruns; even if the method (putting a corpse in a wooden box and burning it) is quite funny.

BUT there is also people doing a full playthrough of honour mode without ever resting, or wearing equipment. Or even more insane : with only 1 hp for each character (with a mod for it; so no achievements… but still all the ruleset of honour mode).

Anyway, sorry for derailing the initial topic. :stuck_out_tongue:
HC FTW !

3 Likes

I think that’s the key, and why it is SO scary.
I usually stop playing any character who dies in LE. Without too much emotion or stress, because I know I can make another one in 20-30 hours, easy.
But in BG3? One run takes me 150 hours, or more, with a lot of emotional involvement in my character and their relationships with others. Losing all that for one misstep is absolutely terrifying.

1 Like