Hardcore character removed from hardcore without dying?

So I was playing duo with my friend on HC, just finished up a quest in Heoborea and came back to town to find my entire stash had been completely wiped. No disconnects or crashes, or accidental catagory deletion. The only weird thing we noticed leading up to this was that sometimes between zones our multiplayer session would get desynced, where even though we’d be in the same zone, we couldnt see each other and got split up into seperate instances.

Kinda sad to lose all my stash progress, is there any way to get the data recovered?

Player.log (122.9 KB)

stashwiped.zip (2.3 MB)

[edit]
Oh, okay looks like the reason why this happened is because my character is no longer considered in HC, even though I never died? When I got back to town with my friend, we were both in the same instance at that point, both came back to town together from the same safe waypoint, so that just doesn’t make sense. We should have been in seperate game modes at that point if I had died in a loading screen (which seems very improbable anyways since I’m an extremely tanky necromancer surrounded by summons.)

Did I just bug myself out of hardcore? I accept dying to lag, but it’s kinda weird just getting removed in what seems like a bug.

The same just happened to me. I was in a group with a friend in hardcore at The End of Time in the safe zone and fast travelled to The Bazaar and started browsing a vendor to price an item that just dropped. On the Bazaar UI I noticed I had zero gold and zero favor. Thinking it was just a UI bug I logged out to character select and immediately noticed the HC tag was no longer on that character.

This happened when fast traveling from safe zone to safe zone, no enemies around, no damage taken, no dead character or dialog box, I literally just fast travelled into softcore.

I have now just had the same thing happen. Was literally just sitting in end of times crafting. swapped chars to grab some idols off it and went to log back on other char and saw it was randomly in softcore now. Has any dev adressed this or is it a known bug report. i know of the lightless arbor floor 2 randomly causing people deaths on zone which just like to make sure its not like a 0.5% chance every time i scene transition i have a chance to die on hardcore T_T

I just lost a HC character WITHOUT ever dying. I was playing in a group with a friend, how i realised it was suddenly my gold was 2,5m instead of 50k. when i logged out to check if it was a visual bug or something. i could not join groups with my friend bc he is still hc.

It happened to me yesterday. I finished a monolith and logged off, and when I logged back in, I was no longer in HC. This is demotivating.