Harbingers of Ruin: What's New?

Yeah that’s what I figured. That’s why completely new bases would be cool.

Ummm… this appears to be fundamentally wrong for freeze. Stun is based on damage dealt so this makes sense, but freeze has nothing to do with damage dealt. Therefore removal of the DDR has no impact on freeze… yet you are still nerfing it? If you’re going to nerf freeze then fine, but don’t justify it with a flawed argument.

I can think of two unique bases that are quite good (the base for twisted heart, and the one for RV), but most others are probably not very good, and are very few.

They definitely could create new bases for this purpose.

However, (probably) glyph of envy cannot create exalted items, so the new bases would need to be exceptionally good to justify using them over an exalted item endgame.

If the glyph can’t create exalted items then its endgame viability is questionable regardless of whether it can create new bases or not. Those are two different discussions I believe.

There’s no probably. At least for now. The glyph clearly states that affixes can’t roll over tier 5.

How does the glyph interact with already exalted items? Will it turn an exalt into a rare if I use it on one of the non-exalted affixes?

From the description, I would assume yes. It just doesn’t change sealed affixes and those are always T4 and below.

Well in that case it kinda needs to have some strong bases, if it’s actually meant to be used in crafting and not just for turning trash items into stability. Without them, you’d only use it for intermediate crafting. It would be like dropping a new rare of the same item class with one guaranteed mod.

I hope for masteries balance. It’s bad that like Warlock and Falconer are so OP with one click, when practically others are just no equal potential and need to multi clicks.

From the teasers Mike has shown on his stream, we can expect that to happen. He has teased a lot of new threshold passive nodes for various classes.
He also confirmed that both ward and health are being tuned.

1 Like

It would have been interesting if it kept the tiers of the affixes, this way it could have been used to gamble on bad T7 affixes

I see Foton is having a cra(b) ton of fun on your X is well :smiling_imp:

https://x.com/LastEpoch/status/1805975686609301848

1 Like

That is incorrect, there already is a source of T5 sealed affixes (Soulfire Bastion)

And with the new Nemesis System items can have T6 and T7 sealed affixes.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :slight_smile: :st_martin:

I haven’t tried Soulfire Bastion much (in terms of investing in the gambler, I usually just run it for the boss), so I believe you and I stand corrected. It still doesn’t change the point I was making which is that the new glyph will simply reroll exalted affixes into normal ones.

Which might or might not be true for existing Exlated Sealed Affixes, we have to see.

If an item has a good Exalted Seal affix and is on a bad base, there is a chance for the base ot turn int osomething good and the affixes might be decent as well, its RNG, but there might come some very good items out of it, even if its rare

1 Like

According to the glyph text, it won’t change sealed affixes. So if a sealed affix is exalted, it will remain exalted.

You guys should get with Raxx for stuff like this. He loves to do dev interviews and special coverage. Maybe the next big update no one is expecting? :slight_smile:

Exactly! They nerfed freeze by 50% (+ added some immunities). Either they don’t realize their own freeze calculation mechanic or they are trying to obfuscate the nerf as no change when in reality it is a very very massive nerf.

for other rogue masteries id agree, but dodge of any real kind is quite the investment for marksman. Maybe ill be surprised by notes but i doubt it. To be fair though, the treatment of the marksman spec has made me fairly salty