Happy Summer Solstice! The Light Before The Dark Race Event

Hello Traveler,

Today is a very special day in Eterra and we invite you to celebrate. The Summer Solstice is upon us and with it, the warmth and light of the summer sun is here to guide us through to the end of the year. On this day we come together to recognize all we have achieved thus far when the celestial light illuminates the world in vibrant detail.

In ancient times, more than 12,000 years ago, people celebrated the turning of the world and the life and death of the seasons. The Summer Solstice was one of the greatest celebrations, marking the day when the sun hung highest in the sky and the day was longest. This tradition has survived the test of time and is still celebrated around the world today. In many cultures, people gather for festivals in reverence of the sun and the bounty it offered.

These celebrations last for three days at minimum, encouraging community and an abundance of food and drink. Bon-fire jumping was, and still is, a popular tradition and it was believed the highest jump would predict the height of the crops for the year. While we don’t have many fires to jump in Eterra, we still think the Primalist would win. Once the food had been eaten and the drink imbibed, they would settle down around that bonfire to share stories and record their history as the the day drew to an end.

But just as they welcomed the longest day, we must acknowledge the approach of the longest night. On the horizon, a darkness brews, a harbinger of despair that we can do little to stop. We must prepare. Eterra needs your help.

The Light before The Dark

The Headmasters at the College of Welryn worry for the history of Eterra currently scattered throughout the land; and while they have tasked the Last Archives Researchers with recovering this knowledge, they are not best suited for the trials outside of the library sorting system. In their plight, the Headmasters have now reached out to you, Traveler.

Eleventh Hour Games and Last Epoch is proud to bring you a very special Lore Hunt Event! Keep your eyes on our Forums on July 3rd where we will be revealing the details of the event and how to participate.

Then, on July 12th, at 11am CST, join your fellow Travelers in a race to discover the secrets of Eterra and protect this ancient knowledge before it is lost forever.

21 Likes

poggers

1 Like

Hell yeah, lore! I’m genuinely glad to see that the lore of Last Epoch is that important to EHG, because it sure it to me, and to many others. I’m looking forward to seeing what you got in store!

2 Likes

Lore hunt!? My birthday was in April but I accept EHG, thank you! :joy:

Beyond hyped!

5 Likes

Oh this is going to be so much fun! Hidden rooms, anybody?

1 Like

looks great such events should continue

1 Like

Halelujaaaaa

1 Like

lEtS gOOOOO!

1 Like

How about some patch note like 1 week before the patch and not 2 day before the patch. So ppl know what is actually good .

Make autobomber great again.

Yahoo! I love lore!

2 Likes

Nothing else to add. Just counting myself in the many others gang!

3 Likes

Yes! I love lore!

2 Likes

So we’re doing announcements for announcements now? I mean it sounds cool but why not wait with the post until you’re actually gonna give us the info?

You had me at race but lost me at lore hunt. :slight_smile:

Better than nothing though.

1 Like

I can tell you’re not based in the UK.
:umbrella: :cry:

But organising events is cool, well done.

2 Likes

It was sunny yesterday, you should have enjoyed the summer while it lasted.

3 Likes