GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter | Build Guide | 0.8.4F

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

Summary

• This build is played as a Paladin! Run around summoning hammers and let them do all the work by procing other skills! This is a high damaging very tanky build!

Main Interactions

• Stacking as much mana as possible and then keeping that mana low for as much flat adaptive spell damage as possible for smite and for lots of extra cast speed!

How to Play this build

• To play this build all you need to do is run around and spam hammers and then keep running as they take up a huge area every hit that do has a chance to proc a smite which can hit multiple targets and does huge damage.

Rating

Rating

• Defense - 9/10
  • Offense - 9.5/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 8/10
  • Arena - 8.5/10
  • Average - 8.8 (S Tier)

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

Dammitt's Build Planner / Loot Filter

GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter Budget

GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter Budget! Gear/Idols/Blessings

GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter Luxury!

GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter Luxury! Gear/Idols/Blessings

GreekGeek's Hammer Smiter! Lootfilter Link:

GreekGeekā€™s Hammer Smiter! Lootfilter Pastebin Link

All Uniques/Set/Exalted items Will SHOW

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non PRIMALIST Class Items ARE HIDDEN

TEAL/BLUE - 1+ Tier 5+ Class Specific Affix For Any Class (This is unselected by default, if you would like this to be active make sure to check the box!)

Light Blue - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 25)

Green - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+) (Uncheck these boxes around level 40)

Yellow - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+) (Uncheck around level 60 or when you have multiple affixes wanted on each piece of gear)

Orange - Mid Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Red - Late Endgame (Requires 3+ Affixes with 12+ Total Tiers) (This is separated by base type so you can make them more specific if you want a very specific base implicit)

Light Green - Idols

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Health / Vitality
  • Capped Resistances
  • Critical Strike Avoidance / Endurance
  • Spell Damage Leech as health / Damage leeched as health / Elemental Damage leeched as health

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Adaptive Spell damage
  • Maximum Mana / Lightning Damage / Spell Damage
  • Attunement / Lightning Penetration
  • Shock

How to Level (NEW)

Hereā€™s a 1 to 75 leveling guide for paladin:

Gear -> Unique's

This build could also use, but not limited to :eyes:

• Culnivarā€™s Claim (Sceptre)
  • Bastion of Honour (Shield)
  • Stormcarved testament (Relic)
  • Devotion (Amulet)

Passive Screen Shots

Sentinel

Paladin

Forge Guard

Void Knight

Skill Screen Shots

Hammer Throw

Lunge

Sigils of Hope

Smite

Holy Aura

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live almost every day as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Hereā€™s Everything Iā€™ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Looking For a different build? Hereā€™s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds / Guides / Leveling Guides in one place! Click Here

Want to search by specific skills / uniques / class / mastery? Check out Dammittā€™s Build Compendium

Dammitts Build Compendium

Have a good day Travelers!

Iā€™m currently leveling with your guide, by when would you suggest for me to transition to this build?

Way too much investment in shred, and too little investment in throwing speed. T5 shred on gloves is enough to almost cap out your shred. Throwing speed should be top priority on rings. Taking 3 pts zeal in hammer throw is far stronger than the shred points. You might not be able to fit more speed because you have such high hammer mana cost without maxed reduction in tree and only 1 mana affix on ring. Itā€™s also a very easy mod to seal on rings with despair since you can seal it at t1 (guaranteed). I have no clue why you arenā€™t taking more points in smite base crit on tree since you only have like 60% crit chance. Testament is OK, especially since if you want to use culnivars itā€™s hard to get shock without losing damage in opportunity cost. But itā€™s very hard to get +smite on it because it usually drops with 1LP if any, and is quite difficult to get 2LP on (even then itā€™s only 50% chance to hit your +smite levels).

The penetration and flat on it donā€™t do as much as you think it does because you already reduce >100% of enemy res between tree, devotion, ele shred and shock, so itā€™s half value. And you have like 230 flat on the build, so 6 flat is a fairly small amount of damage. The mana and shock are very nice to have, but losing smite affix (especially exalted) hurts. Having to get frailty on blessing also costs you either the 25% endurance (capping you out with devotion) or 320 armor from blessing. Culnivarā€™s does have a lot of stats though.

2 Likes

Alot of things here and I could be wrong about anyone of them so feel free to correct me.
But to my understanding:

It feels you think armor shred caps at 100%? The 70% Max roll on t5 gloves is in no way anywhere close to maxing the potential of armor shred on enemies.

250% armor shred would apply 2 stacks with a 50% chance for a 3rd stack on Everyhit you do. There is no limit to armour shred stacks you can place on an enemy and the more there armor goes down the MORE damage you apply. You only have 4 seconds to apply as much as possible before the stacks start falling off.

The crit chance on the build used in game has 57.5% Crit Chance.
Yes You could swap 2 points around and max the node ā€œConvictionā€ and then have 78% Crit Chance. You would lose 2 points for 50% Crit multi or have 40% More of the life sacrificed or have to get Tier 5+ on Relic for smite levels. Your choice and you can.

If you do manage to get 20 Stacks of shred/shock on an enemy then yes your at -100% res the Penetration still adds to that and it goes beyound the -100% (The nicest thing about PEN though is it requires 0 stacks and is applied on the first hit allowing for big hits right off the bat) I could be wrong about how negative res can go but other than 20 Stacks of shred i believe there is no limit

If you find a nice relic with Plus levels to smite especially exalted feel free to use it. If you find a testament with LP and get lucky enough for smite again yes, Use it. Not everyone has it and the build doesnt NEED it to just crush content.

Farming Blessings is a time consuming thing. You can definitely change it up.

Iā€™ll leave with 2 last notes.

1. This isnt my build so im replying in where I believe Greekgeek was going
  2. I doubt this build is min maxed to be PERFECT which is great as it allows players like yourself to make it even better :slight_smile: and I think you have :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

You arenā€™t. Plus youā€™re unlikely to get 20 stacks on trash/rares. Bosses only get -40% resist from resist shred which makes the pen more useful.

Donā€™t you know mate? Every single build on the forum needs to have been min-maxed to within an inch of its life with mirror-tier gear in every slot!

on hammerdin I get over 300 stacks of armor shred on small target like dummy/shade with 150% shred. Dropping to 100% shred on t5 gloves with 200 shred stacks is still 59% dmg amp for non-phys, capped out. Even if you shred only 100 stacks, you are still getting like 55-56% damage amp. More shred only makes a difference on trash, which you instantly kill anyways.

Losing 50% crit multi from having like 500% (10% less dmg on crits) for 36% more critical strikes (78/57.5) is a no-brainer. You get triple the damage efficiency on the base crit nodes as you do multi. The goal of both is damage and inc crit also provides more consistency. This is as much of a ā€œchoiceā€ as choosing not to max out the +250% more damage node in smite.

Again for pen, doesnt really matter except on trash, which instantly dies. Yes, -40% shred from shock, and -40% shred from ele shred. 16% pen on tree, 15% pen on devotion.

Llama, simple node changes like changing armor shred to crit/dmg and changing crit multi nodes on smite to base crit increase the damage of this build by over 60%. Adding life on idols will increase the ehp another 25%, or more if you have block idols, vs blocked hits. I said nothing about better gear, just analagous alternatives on gear like rare t5 smite idol vs stonecarved, or throwing speed rings instead of damage. Changing one ring will increase damage another 10%. I believe stonecarved is not so trivial to farm as to be considered a ā€œcommonā€ item for someone getting into empowered echos, so I feel it is comparable to a t5 smite idol.

I donā€™t think heā€™s so sensitive to discussion and feedback so not really sure what youā€™re trying to ā€œstand up for.ā€ The skill tree changes are objectively better. In regards to ā€œmirror gear,ā€ I am not suggesting any gear remotely as difficult to get as the LP3 aurelis with multi/spell crit in a ā€œhigh end version.ā€

1 Like

So how about a link to your build?

i love that build but i so hard stuck on lagon now for that his relic :(ā€¦killing him 15x times at empowered (130-150 corrupt now)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.