Graphics settings don't remain applied correctly [0.9G2]

My GPU died recently, so I am playing on the integrated GPU of my Ryzen. It works surprisingly well, but I am obviously forced to use “very low” settings to keep performance in the realm of 60 fps. This unfortunate situation however allowed me to notice a bug:

My very low settings are being overridden, for example in the monolith, it seems when I load into a new area. I noticed it first by having grass in the environment, while the setting is clearly OFF. Also, I have set the brightness to very bright, which gets reset. I assume that other settings don’t remember their lowest setting as well. Basically, every new area I load into (returning to areas I have been doesn’t mess with the settings), I have to set the graphics preset to low and then very low again, so I get the apply button. I then can instantly see the image become brighter and my fps go up, the grass disappear, etc. So I am sure that I have the correct settings.
Would appreciate a hotfix, because that’s around 20 - 30 very precious FPS of a difference for me. :smiley:

1 Like

Here, have two screenshots:

After I re-apply the very low preset:

1 Like

I have a similar problem for chat settings and healthbars when I restart the game. The chat setting (which chat to see) just flat out resets.
The healthbar settings (for enemies and my own character) remain checked in menu, but don’t actually display unless I uncheck-check again.

Interestingly when I just tried to make a screenshot the healthbars for enemies were displayed…

It seems there’s quite a wide-spread issue with UI settings and them being applied and correctly matching in the UI. My chat also keeps resetting, despite me trying to disable it both in the social settings as well as directly in the channel selection and ingame chat settings.
I assume the problem could be within the UI systems.

That’s why even though I set the graphics to medium/low (I had unfortunally reached high temperature with my GPU) its still happen to me when I enter in a new campaign zones or Echoes. So settings are reset and then temperatures rise again.

Same issue for me, thanks for reporting it. Wife has a low-end laptop as well and as soon as we started doing monoliths the frame rate plummeted to the ground, almost unplayable now.

After I’ve checked her image quality after seeing this post she indeed has grass and other settings that supposed to be disabled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.