Golem does not dissapear after replacing skill

Short description:
When you summon Golem outside of town, then teleport to town and replace golem skill with another - your Golem will stay with you.

Steps to reproduce:

Summoned Golem DOES dissapear when:

1. Go outside of town
  2. Assign “Summon Bone Golem” skill to the skillbar
  3. Summon golem
  4. Replace “Summon Bone Golem” (for example with “Summon Wraith”)
  5. Golem WILL dissaper correctly

Now, Golem will stay with us when:

1. Go outside of town
  2. Assign “Summon Bone Golem” skill to the skillbar
  3. Summon golem
  4. Teleport to town (all out minions will be hidden in town)
  5. While in town - replace “Summon bone Gilem” skill with another (for example with “Summon Wraith”)
  6. Go back through teleport
  7. You still have summoned Golem, even if your golem skill is not assigned in you skillbar. :slight_smile:

Skeletons don’t either. I can’t say for sure, but I believe no minion insta-poofs when you take it out of the skill tree Acolyte for sure. And that’s because there are skill passives and sometimes gear that create those minons, even if you don’t have them in the bar.

Bug Reports

Minions shoul always “insta-poof” if you remove the skill that summons it from your skill bar.

Personally, I agree. It’s just not what happens nor does it happen since, at least, 0.9.2 which is when I started playing. Since my whole experience in LE has been that way, I’ve always assumed it’s by design.

What always used to happen was that if you removed the summoning skill from your skill bar in a zone with the minions out they would despawn. If they don’t get despawned when you remove the summoning skill in town then that’s a bug, what’s to stop you from doing that the repkacing it with a different summoning skill and having more minions than you otherwise should?

Yes, like I said, I agree with you. But I know it’s been this way since I started playing after 0.9.2, so I just assumed it was by design.

I’m pretty sure Primalist do. Might be some differing behavior, code-wise, between minions and companions. Perhaps having to do with minions summoned via passive abilities…therefor minions aren’t directly tied to the method by which they were summoned?

That’s a fair point. Minions are mobile “fire & forget” spells so once they’re summoned it may not matter that the skill isn’t on your bar, but conpanions (& the Falcon) have a castable skill associated with them.

That said, I’m sure my skellies always despawned when I removed the skill from my bar before.

Honestly, I feel like they should. The way it is now, you can spec into a full minion build, cast them, then respec into a direct caster and still keep your minions around. Yes, it would be annoying to do, but it’s something that can happen (and probably did), especially because your minions snapshot. And that doesn’t feel like it’s intended by design.