Goblins and Trolls

I would like to see some classic fantasy enemys in this games like trolls, goblins, gnolls or orgres. I know this wont happen in the next months but maybe in some later seasons. I think it would fit the game.

why do you think LE need this mobs?

1 Like

Trolls are already in the gameā€¦

And on the forums :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Those (Mosstrolls) are being removed though.

1 Like

IĀ“m sure there will be more of some kinf of Mobs thrown in the game by launch.
As far as I know there are more Chapters and places to be placed before release.

We donā€™t know for sure that there will be more chapters before or with launch, but there are 12 Chapters planned in total, but not all of them will make it 1.0.

I would maybe expect one additional chapter with 1.0, but none before that

1 Like

If they make only one more Chapter into the game ready for launch that is an achievement in itself in my book. I just know they have said that not all planned Chapters are complete yet, and there will come more Chapters in-game.
Other then that I am just happy to see the progress of this game overall, and I am in fact very surprised to how much is actually done with this game.

because i like the high fantasy genre and i think there are not enough elements to find in arpgs at all. Older games like darkstone, Fate, sacred, dungeonsiege and torchlight had that setting. I would like to see something like that in a modern arpg. Torchlight 3 unfortunally was Garbage and xd games made tl infinite a semi scifi game. I dont say they have to include elves and draves but some goblins would give a nice flair to the game.

If your looking for trolls there are several in the forums currently whinging about a level of trade that was never going to exist in the game anyway. I think EHG has great creativity and we will see various analogs to what your asking for. I would not expect it to be exactly like other mythology simply because they tend to try and differentiate themselves from other games.

You always need dragonā€™s. I loved Sacred 1 and killing dragons with the set that gave you a chance for an aoe of fireballs. Just stand under the dragon (yay for no mob collision), use a few skills to get theball rolling then watch as the server slowed to a crawl with the self-propagating fireball proc aoe goodness eventually killed the dragon (and potentially the server).

@ExsiliumUltra just because a person disagrees with you doesnā€™t make them a troll (though I was waiting for someone to say that), whatā€™s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

1 Like

:slight_smile: If you were still waiting for someone to say it when you saw my post then you already missed it :slight_smile:

And I have no problem with the players that disagree with me. I was referring to the actual trolls. There is a difference.

No, I was just being good & not saying it. I like to keep the devs on their toes, ā€œwhat has Llama posted today? Will we need to ban him again?ā€ etc.

This is where we differ, I donā€™t think they are trolls, they just disagree. But I choose to believe that their views are sincerely held. Needless to say, being stupid is not the same as being a troll.

2 Likes

fantasy genre evolve as anything else, monsters evolve too. so trolls&goblins&dragons etc boring AF, coz they are in EVERY game

troll, dragon, goblins = fantasy genre
but dantasy genre != only troll dragon and goblin

I guess we all have different books. :slight_smile:

In my own book, if there is not a complete story (with a beginning, a plot, and a conclusion), there is no launch and we are still in a beta. Period.
The number the devs decide to put on their patch doesnā€™t matter: if the story is left hanging, the game cannot be said to be ready.
Note that how many chapters there are is also irrelevant, what matters is the story reaching a conclusion that makes sense.

Why? Itā€™s a time travel game and the concllusion could be totaly senseless because bad stuff happens if you step on the wrong ant in the wrong timeline ^^.

I hope they donā€™t make wolcen 2.0 and say story compoletion is the first thing they do after launch and then there are a bazzillion of patches and endgame modes implemented and there are still players who wait for the next chapterā€¦ that all of the sudden is the final chapter becauseā€¦ reasons ^^.

There is som much that can go wrong I donā€™t want to think about it.

And for the topic itselfā€¦ We have giant worms so everything is fine.

1 Like

By conclusion, I donā€™t mean the answer to life, the universe, and everything (I know it already), I mean giving closure to the questions asked throughout the story.
Characters were introduced, plotlines were developpedā€¦ And left hanging quite abruptly. These plotlines need answers, and we need to know what happened to these characters. Time travel or not.
Thereā€™s been countless books and movies about time travel, ALL of them follow some kind of plot, and reach some kind of conclusion at the end.

Precisely my concern: they are doing exactly that. Wolcen and Last Epoch both went for sale with an incomplete story, then started implementing more and more endgame things, re-working systems that were working fine in the first place, but not moving one inch towards completing their own story, and therefore their game.
I know, it is a beta, it is fine. But I stand by my point: it will look like a glorified beta even with a shiny 1.0 or 3.0 number as long as the story is left untold.

[Sorry, as you may notice, storyline is to me what trade is to you. I can get quite passionate.]

As for the question asked by the OP, that I shamelessly hijacked:
As much as I love goblins, trolls, elves and other classics, I donā€™t picture them fitting in the atmosphere of Last Epoch. Better to go see them in their natural habitats.
[Baldurā€™s Gate 3 is coming out in August, apparently. If you havenā€™t played the beta, spoiler alert: it has goblins, and trolls, and elves, and many other high-fantasy guys.]

Theyā€™ve already said that chapter 11 and 12 will be post launch.

Yeah I know but at least they never make promises when and if they do something else inbetween ^^.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.