Goal achived lvl 100+300 currption Forge weapon

This is my second crack at a Forge Guard, which is my only class so far in LE. I’m not much of an arpg player, did D1/D2 and PoE but PoE was so frustrating I wrote off the genre until I saw LE and had to give a crack. Very fun. This toon went through tons of versions, most without any guides. I started out as a manifest armor/forged weapons build, procing Forged Strike and Smite off Multistrike. Very high sustain and it murdered mobs but was garbage single target. I hit the wall at about 220 corruption. Boss fights were just slow af, too slow for avoiding that many 1 shot mechanics. So I respected into this Fire Based Forge Guard Minion Build guide by @dictan and hit 300. :star_struck: It paralleled much of my passives and the gear helped survivability. FG needs those defensive layers given you will face tank a lot of hits. You need to brawl allot with this class, especially if you want to max your dps. And IMHO without Forged Weapons + Void Strike, single target damage is really weak sauce. If I could just get a decent drop on a 2 hander with solid stats. I tried giving up some attack speed for shred, but the lost of sustain was harder to manage at about 275 corruption. Maybe my less than stellar skills have something to do with that :thinking: :laughing: So I stuck with speed + fire pen instead.

Not sure if I’m going to try a Void Knight Bonk build given I have pretty much all the gear in my stash, or if I’m going to try necromancer. I like the idea of summoning kamikaze zombies.

Here’s my build

1 Like

Foreguard is a nightmare to spec as someone trying to do so myself. The tree is conflicting with itself, the trees have no synergy, and the skills do not have logical flow.

Now to EHG when you read this. I am going to fix forge guard for you all right now. And i will fix it by a rework idea for you all.

Minion Forge Guard

Talents:
Fire Aura Causes Blades to Frenzy
Fire Aura is Triggered by Rive or Multistrike

:heart:New Exalted items: [implicits] lvl 88 [soulfire bastion Tier 4]

[Core Rod- 1H sword], 40% of +physical is added as %minion damage, +8% shared fire damage

[Hot Iron -1H dagger], +8% shared fire penetration, %firedmg is leached to you and minions

Smelters Jade: Forged Blades +4, +2 to Manifest Armor, -35% crit rate

:heart:New Uniques [implicits] lvl 88 [soulfire bastion tier 4]

[Blazing Armament]: Robe: Your Manifest Armor gets full benefit of all your gear, +2 to Rive, +4 max stacks of Armament while using multistrike or Rive

[Molten Crown]: Your Forged swords become Fire Knights [from Acolyte], and gain 10% retaliation damage while under effects of Frenzy, +30 to minion fire hits

Flaming Hussars: [amulet] Forge strike becomes a standing puddle of fire, enemies in it gain stacks of ignite, if you stand in it, fire aura gains +200% area and +10% fire pen

New Tree

Vengence Strike: Vengence Strike can be procced by Multistrike or Rive at 2 Adrenaline
Warpath: Warpath consumes Stacks of ignite, to give Manifest armor up to +800% health
Warpath Path can be used by manjfest armor if it has consumed 40 ignite stacks

Smelters Wrath:

Smelters wrath becomes a channel, cost of 2% max health per second, increase damage to enemy and self per stack of ignite on self [immolator oblation belt] by up to 400%, max damage to self is 85% of your own HP per second. [Health leach builds]

Smelters Wrath is procced by Successful Rive or Multistrike [Rive or Multistrike is procced at 8 stacks of Adrenaline] if you have fire aura and 20 stacks of ignite on self.

◇New Nodes added:

Ignite on you adds %fire damage to all minions, and is doubled if minions are standing in fjre aura, but now loose their health also from it.

Your Manifest Armor Gains 200% armor based on the amount of Ignite stacks are on you, or Enemy which ever is highest, and gains up to +100% health/ dmg per ignite on you

1 Like