Global Force Stop Movement Key

It’s been years since BETA started and for the love of all that is divine, please implement a proper global force stop movement key. The current implementation of pressing down the SHIFT key does NOT cut it.

Current behavior is that SHIFT key ONLY stops movement if you press it down first before you move / hold the left mouse button down. If you’re already moving or holding the left mouse button down, LEFT-SHIFT does NOTHING - except- weirdly enough, under the singular condition that your left mouse button in the action bar interface is assigned to the “Move + Use Skill 1” option and nothing else.

It’s weird, it’s clunky, and it’s so unintuitive that I almost uninstalled the game when I first started playing because I always play ranged characters and greatly rely on a force stop movement key. Given that most other major ARPGs over the past 20 years have done this right, I don’t understand why this has not been implemented correctly. Additionally, this “force stop” key cannot be bound to another other key.

Desired behavior: Allow us to rebind the Force Stop Movement key AND, more importantly, properly implement it as a global stop movement key, i.e. - any single time you hold it down your character just stops moving and executes either a melee attack or the assigned skill to LMB.

Please. This is basic ARPG s**t. Make it right.

1 Like

I was was going to post about this as well… super annoying. The shift key should stop the player movement in ALL CASES… Regardless of whether you pressed it before you fired the skill, or after, or even if you aren’t using a skill at all. This is how every other ARPG behaves, so not sure why it wasn’t handled the same way here.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.