Getting one shot in level 100 empowered monoliths

As a rogue, I was able to tank most things in regular monoliths and had no problems.

Do I keep trying to complete empowered monoliths to improve my gear? Do I go back to regular monoliths to speed through them looking for gear?

Do I wait until levle 100 to do empowered monoliths?

what level are you? I wouldn’t start Emp Mons until atleast lv 80. Get health and % health on most of your gear, Did you follow a guide?

If you die too often or are stressed out too much then I would suggest to go back to regular monos. It is like this for me each and every time.
Stick to the top three monos. By incrreasing the corruption you can bring them to L95/50C and once that feels comfirtabke your char is ready for empowered monos. Improve your defenses: Resistances, health, %health, and dodge (for Rogues I guess). Also get some way of crit mitigation, either immunity or reduction.

What’s your character name? Need to see character to help.

they likely dont know that dodge is worthless without foot of the mountain

Thats the point in the game where you can’t just wing it anymore and have to invest some time into your build. If you are dying, work on your defenses. More Health, more Endurance/Threshold, capped Resist, reduced oravoided critical hits 100%.

Level 88. I look at guides as a reference, but pick the passives and skills that I prefer.

I have all of my resists capped, 100% critical strike avoidance, 75% glancing blow, 1000 armor, 21% dodge. My health is only 1000 though. I need to find gear with more health, without lowering my other defenses, dexterity, and some of the offenses. My passives have a lot of defenses in them.

How does my character name allow you to view it?

This is my build.

I have most of these. I need better gear to fit in more health and endurance.

so 1000 hp and no Ward I assume. That is your #1 problem 1000 hp is nothing no wonder your getting one shot.
Also yes, make sure you have Foot of the mountain
https://www.lastepochtools.com/db/items/UAzBMoVgZiA

And if your somewhat new to last epoch, I would suggest following a guide, the most gimped builds can cakewalk through the campaign, monoliths change that fast.
Also i think crit avoidancis useless unless your at 100%, think it might be better to go with reduced crit damage taken

TBF, he does have 100% crit avoidance.

But I honestly think there’s way too much emphasis in the community on telling new players to cap crit avoidance ASAP. It becomes more important as a defensive layer as you push higher corruption, but IMO at only 100, it’s mostly wasted and can even be actively detrimental because it’ll be competing with health, which is far more important.