General feedback

@TriKster i dont know why you are apologising, you have every right to be skeptical.

EHG have brought this upon themselves in all honesty, by allowing rampant cheating to take place, and allowing cheaters to play the game in full knowledge of it.

1 Like
  1. I knew about the chance >100% not doing anything (I think it used to stack a few patches ago?) but for some reason I thought that the value of the buff would be doubled when dual wielding (10% instead of 5%) which is most likely not the case, so that one is on me.

Weird suggestions can lead to interesting results. :wink:
I’m not sure if I would support the idea of removing the BiS item for all melee classes (which is debatable) to have it still be BiS but for fewer builds.
It would probably make the most sense that way, but maybe a different solution would be better.
I’d have to think about this more to really make up my mind because BiS items for certain builds are just something that will always exist, just like they way you set your passives and skillpoints is pretty much predetermined if you want to minmax.
Of course there are exceptions to this rule, but most of the time those exceptions are slight variants of the same build which, obviously, only differ slightly.
I have no problem with BiS items, just to make that clear.
However I feel that it might be a problem when unique items lose the thing that makes them unique (sometimes even build enabling) and they just become the BiS item numbers wise and offer nothing else besides those highest numbers.

You should get familiar with it if you can find the time.
Maybe even play one yourself.
This might help to understand why I’m hesitant about buffs that not only buff the weaker VK builds but also this build as the gap between them would not get smaller.

Lastly I want to address the arena “controversy” or ladder or whatever it is…
I personally don’t care if you cheated because I’m not a content creator and at this stage of the game I don’t give one single f*ck about leaderboards.

Do I think it would be a little scummy if you cheated?

• Of course!

Do I think it’s pretty suspicious that you don’t want to show your characters?

• Obviously!

Would it be even more suspicious if you wouldn’t come close to those numbers once characters are stored server side?

• Definitely. But of course theres always the “My char got nerfed” or “It’s too laggy now” or some other shitty excuse for those people afterwards.

Did you start boasting about those numbers in here?

• Nope! At least not in this thread and I didn’t stalk your other posts.

Does it mean that your feedback is invalid?

• Nope again! I can understand the concerns of some people but even then I don’t think that it automatically makes your feedback and suggestions invalid.

That’s pretty much how I feel about this topic personally.

2 Likes

They don’t allow cheating to take place, there’s not much they can do given the save files are on our machines. The only way they could prevent cheating would be to remove the leaderboard.

And they can/do ban cheaters.

It did before dual wielding was released with the Rogue in 0.8.0.

1 Like

It’s fine. If you’re serious about going far in Arena, you need excellent defence. The Unique Shield “Bulwark of the Last Abyss” is your ticket to get 100% block chance on Sentinel and insane DR (60%+) from block effectiveness/throw crit multiplier idols. You will have to farm for it, but don’t let that stop you. Leech will be essential, either from Rahyeh’s Throw Leech node or Prism Wraps. Shield Throw can generate armor very well and scales off dexterity. Dexterity raises your dodge chance and certain uniques, such as “Lesson of the Metropolis” (up to 300 when hit) and skills like Volatile Reversale (150) give high flat dodge (you can consider holy aura’s dodge bonus but I feel other options are better). You will be spamming reversal almost on cooldown to upkeep the dodge bonus (again, something to get used to, this skill can easily cause your death).

The new sealed affixes are cool: get a T1 “-3 to mana cost of throw skills” on your rings: your prefixes should be +throw fire damage and throw attack speed. The build is Fire crit Shield Throw. The Skill tree is fairly self-explanatory for that matter. Put a point in the Forgeguard node to shred fire/phys shred on throw hit. The bar that you see on the ladder is correct, but know that lunge is not traited: you definitely need to get used to not being invulnerable while lunging. I use “Smite” procced through idols (though I recommend using ambition as you get higher in Arena for damage scaling). I’m sure you have more questions. I hope it helps.

I was not apologizing to you. I apologized to the rest of the community and the devs for starting a heated discussion about cheating.

And please don’t tell me how to play or how mechanics work. If i follow your steps and wear exactly the items you explained i will still not manage to reach wave 2000/3000.

It takes me about 1h+ from wave 100-300. That means it would be a 17h+ grind to reach your wave 3535 with a linear dmg output. Thats not how arena works. Enemies gain more dmg and health.

So again, you are not telling the truth and you still fool casual players with stuff that is simply not achievable. I come with facts. Thats the difference. I’m not even saying that i’m the best arena pusher, i’m certainly not. But i know some of the best pushers and they will agree with my statement.

Oh…it will definitely not stop me, because that’s the reason of playing an arpg. To actually farm and craft your gear. Not by editing a document.

10 Likes

Whatever suits you buddy. You were never in here to discuss the original post anyway.

2 Likes

You were right to say that you could provide feedback regardless of your arena…controversies. But once you start offering arena advice to other players, how you’ve chosen to make your arena pushes and what you tell others becomes very relevant. We’ve had posts like these in the past from players with waves on their account like yours, and they don’t typically end well, so I suggest you refrain from offering arena advice to others or you could see your feedback post getting closed.

1 Like

Fair enough. Do you have any thoughts about defensive set bonuses?

Well with the existence of Arena Keys of Memory, this could be reduced to 8.5+ hours, which would be a more realistic time period.

Also, LE is in Beta and the devs initially never intended for Arena to be a proper mode nor did they expect players to get over 300 waves for a while. For all we sub-1k players know, Arena might stop scaling after 1,000 due to a bug or something, at which point you are fighting your ability to keep playing rather than the scaling. Hard to test when only a handful of people have ever made it there.

I suggest this because something similar existed (and maybe still does) in Path of Exile Delve where after 6k depth it stops scaling (intentional as devs didn’t expect players to ever get that deep) and after 65,535 depth the game loops back to level 1 (bug due to how memory is stored).

Also being so far above everyone else does happen sometimes. For the PoE Delve ladder, Rank 1 is at 65,535, Rank 2 is 30,015, Rank 3 is 14,000 and the rest of the Top 10 are ~10k. Similar things have happened in League of Legends where Rank 1 is a few hundred LP above Ranks 2 and 3. There’s even a player a few years ago who gapped the EU ladder so hard that he broke Challenger queue.

Unless you have evidence that someone is actually a cheater, then don’t accuse them. Especially not you nor some of the others in this thread, as you are people who are prominent and known in the LE community and as such a lot of players will believe you at your word. There’s a reason why the Minecraft Speedrun Mod Team wrote a paper on why Dream is a cheater and didn’t accuse/ban him on only a hunch.

Regardless of your opinions on this player and regardless of whether or not they actually are a cheater, you should have been looking to interact with the content of the post.

If I may direct you to the Code of Conduct and Forum FAQ:

I know this is rich coming from a weak-willed little bitch like me and that I’m not a mod nor staff nor well-known in the community nor liked so what I say has no power, but still.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I understand that the topic of cheating is a very contentious one. We’re working on getting multiplayer done as soon as we can where things will be handled server side to try to provide more integrity for the leaderboards. I of course appreciate that that doesn’t help in the current moment, and that it does create a lot of heat in conversations when there are entries which can be called into reasonable question. However, that being said, I would still ask that conversation remain relevant to the topic of the thread.

10 Likes

Please refer to the Code of Conduct , and avoid name-calling. Thanks

7 Likes

I’m also running an Eye of Reen warpth crit Forge Guard build: Forge Guard, Level 90 (LE Beta 0.8.5c) - Last Epoch Build Planner

But Idt its that busted, you can hit 50+ reen’s ire stacks while attacking and critting multiple enemies but can’t do that against single targets(ie. where it actually matters - bosses). Should’ve probably gone with a Void Knight for more dmg I guess. Idk if echoing warpath crits count as your crits and give you stacks if that part is busted then only echoes generating charges should be stopped rather than nerf the weapon Imo. Besides Eye of Reen is meant to be a hybrid crit/DoT weapon anyway.

1 Like

In my experience no matter what the topic is in a conversation, if you do not address the elephant in the room in a timely manner, the conversation will rarely get to the topics you prefer. See (many) posts above for examples.

While I appreciate and agree on some of your points, your personal feedback depends on the experiences you had. Maybe your experience is skewed too much from the average competitive player/grinder, I think you genuinely see the game from a different viewpoint. I’m a Magic The Gathering player, and a good analogy I believe is that sometimes your opponent is playing in a “different axis” and that’s sort of what this feels like.

The arena wave numbers are suspect, that’s not ready a debatable thing for me personally. It’s odd to see someone who excels in something, who makes a public post to engage with the community, doesn’t want to actually explain/provide reasonable things. If I was miles above the rest of the world at something, would I really insist on hiding the details? I would rather inspire people, not shut them out and alienate myself.

People are curious about interactions you found, build synergies maybe they are not seeing, and frankly how you could ever mathematically achieve what you have with the game in its current state. Maths is for sure not my strong suite, I am basing this on my experience in the game in addition to what the other long term and/or competitive players also see in arena.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, just trying to elaborate on why I think the conversation is hard to engage with until this major topic has some level of resolution. While I lack proper writing technique and overall logic, QMG’s sign off is legendary, I am not going to try and actually compete with that one.

3 Likes

It’s true that on single targets, its strength isn’t apparent. I did consider playing it on void knight but haven’t gotten to try it out yet. In trying to come up with a cap for the stacks, my personal feeling is that 50 would be decent enough, maybe 100?

Any reason why we actually HAVE leaderboards at all at this stage of the game? As they are completely out of control, they don’t mean anything whatsoever. I would just remove the whole thing and be done with it.
Also, I like that you chose to write “try to provide more integrity”. Server side or not, all leaderboards everywhere are just an endless loop of cheaters finding a way in, developers banning them, cheaters coming back, rinse, repeat.
Again, I say: get rid of the whole thing.

Well, as the OP has chosen the highly descriptive topic “GENERAL FEEDBACK”, it is going to be hard finding something NOT relevant.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I don’t really see the point in a cap bcos is it even possible to hit past 100 ? It is already kinda capped by attack speed. My max stacks with dw Axe+Sword was 30-40 stacks(on dummy with Reversal+smite) and that is much worse in terms of dmg than Mace+Sword which I am currently using since maces have higher base dmg and you can use flat dmg to swords+flat dmg to blunt on chest for high base dmg.

Even if you consider Axe+sword and exalted attack speed rolls everywhere+legendary eye of reen with exalted attack speed, I doubt it would reach 60 stacks. I don’t see much of an issue if it has a slightly higher burst on mobs since you run out of stacks very fast if you aren’t constantly critting multiple targets.

1 Like

I understand your point, and it’s true that on a single target, I get the same results of 30-40 stacks. It’s easy to imagine that if there are, say 10, similar tanky mobs around, you can reach 200 or even 300. Generally, things die quickly, but in an environment where monster health scales highly and mobs spawn constantly (ie Arena), this weapon can keep up. You are right in mentioning that your base attack damage becomes very relevant in such situations. Add stun in the equation and and it is what it is. It’s fair to say that such “infinite” scaling items can have unintended consequences which will only become more apparent when the game releases in multiplayer.

I find the recent design decision of “uncapped [damage type] resistances” to be fair and limited in scope (and honestly really cool). Throne of Ambition also seems fair since its capped both by the speed at which you generate charges and a maximum cap.

1 Like

From my memory the highest stack I have seen is around 100-120 I guess but stacks fall very fast and its hard to keep track in my experience so far. I did some testing just now on the new 3 test dummies in Champions gate, with my regular setup I was able to hit 84 stacks (113% max attack speed with VR+Smite buffs up) with a t5 attack speed Nagasa scymitar (fastest off hand I could find) I could hit 105 stacks (150% max attack speed).

I can’t comment much on Arena as I don’t really compete on the ladder and I haven’t really tested much on my char as I am still farming to cap my crit avoidance/endurance. As of now I do not think Eye of Reen is necessarily unfair as it is only having that benefit in a specific situation (high density) in that sense you could say for example Abomination is unfair since you can supercharge(absorb more minions) it for boss fights like Julra making it much better than any other minion build. It CAN possibly have problems if the powercreep goes way out of hand like PoE but that can be said for so many other skills as well like Serpent strike’s nodes or Maelstrom’s dodge/phys dmg or cinder stike’s oil coating’s. I think EHG will make the right call and cap them if it seems too much like they did with Aspect of Shark.

I like these too, really gives use for extra resistances and encourages to build differently.

1 Like

There have been and still are community hosted events, where leaderboards are relevant for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.