Gender lock

But, how do you know they identify as female and male? Did you ask them?

You cannot assure me because it isn’t true. You have mistaken your own subjective perspective for being common. For what it’s worth, I feel the same way as you. I will never play a female character if gender is an option. But if gender isn’t an option, it doesn’t exist at all. You see a man, I see a mage. If I play a class with a female model I don’t even notice.

I’m not opposed to gender choice at all, and I don’t care what gender people choose either. Maybe in the future they’ll approach the idea.

I agree has a mâle I always play mâle if I can. I like to play all caracter has a mâle but it’s not a priority for in that’s kind of game. They have a lot to do before that.

1 Like

“its a fact that male players often play female characters”

I almost got triggered by the use of “its a fact” without any supporting information.

But with “often” being the disarming variable here, I quickly simmered down.

I understand the devs reasoning behind the choice, and I don’t mind playing female characters when I have to.

It is a role playing game after all isn’t it?

Please, don’t start this.
We’ve had enough topics becoming two people saying “I’m right you’re wrong”, it would be beneficial for the whole community here not to have more topics like that.
May I suggest you PM one to each other with documented studies to discuss your point if you wish so?

I guess you didn’t read the linked post in Raw’s post then 'cause it quite clearly states the devs position and their intentions. I’ll quote the relevant section for you…

[quote=“Rosy, post:13, topic:43128”]Yes I’ve just read through that huge thread, and apologise for bringing up the same subject again.
[/quote]

I guess you missed this.
@Shtrak very difficult to come up with documented evidence when everything is on TS. But…you can google it where you will find masses of “documented evidence” :slight_smile:
I never wanted to get into an argument, as you can see from my OP. I should have ignored the trolls, it was a simple request, I’ve also apologised for not searching to see if this had been brought up before. No I don’t wish to go into PMs.

Yup, apparently so!

I mean, it looks like we are on the same page.

As long as the female characters don’t have high heels and ridiculous b00b armour I don’t mind gender locked characters.

1 Like

I couldnt care less, im comfortable with myself and dont feel as im lesser human for playing a female instead of a male. the people complaining are the ones causing issues

2 Likes

Nor should you. I play mostly females as well, unless males fits my class fantasy better. Mostly warrior characters. It’s nothing sexual. If someone wants to think it is, it’s a they problem not a me problem.

1 Like

That actually makes them more appealing to me, but I’m an old perv. I mean, I look at it this way - in reality, I am sitting in a chair in front of a monitor looking at an animated figure for hours on end. Do I want to stare at a hot guy or hot girl? YMMV. :slight_smile:

I feel this to be first world problems.

1 Like

I mean it’s just a bunch of pixels, I don’t understand why people get all weird when it comes to males playing female characters, or even worse guys getting all weird over a female playing a video game.

1 Like

I don’t either, but if it’s their mind, who am I to judge? Who can judge what is in my mind?
By accepting that other think and live different than I, my life is now far better.

Apart from the fact that you often don’t see anything of the femininity or masculinity under all the thick armor anyway, the potential problem [who has one] sits once more BEFORE the screen.
Why are small, not money-shitting game companies [here: EHG] encouraged to support the effects of the “mainstream multimedia brain and identity washing programs”?
→ There are psychiatrists for that! [Yes, someone is bound to be offended here, sry.]

Should it be about pubertal/sexual processes, then let someone who has been around for a while tell you the following:
→ There are certainly better things than staring at a tiny animated comic ass! Just play in windows [or whatever else you can think of, there are almost infinite possibilities] and fade in a corresponding slide show in some corner of your monitor.

Finally, just by the way, so that everyone can see what the “mainstream multimedia brain and identity washing programs” want to “sell” us so everything at the moment, the following list is not quite complete, but a hopefully useful indication of what there should be so everything. Have fun with it:

→ androgynous human, androgynous, bigender - combining male and female characteristics
→ female
→ woman to man (FzM)
→ gender variable - between or outside of genders
→ genderqueer, non-binary, further - gender identity not exclusively male or female
→ male
→ male to female (MzF)
→ neither, genderless
→ pangender/pange gender - no fixed gender identity, between or all genders parallel
→ trans, transfemale, transmale, transman, transwoman, trans*, trans* female, trans* male, trans* man, trans* human, trans* woman, transfeminine, transgender, transgender female, transgender male, transgender man, transgender human, transgender woman, transmasculine, transsexual, female-transsexual, male-transsexual, transsexual man, transsexual person, transsexual woman
→ intersexual, inter*, inter* female, inter* male, inter* man, inter* woman, inter* human, intergender, intersexed, bisexual, hermaphrodite - both sex characteristics biologically present.
→ Two Spirit third gender - more relevant in US context: two souls united in one body (descendants of US Native Americans)
→ Fourth sex - no gender
→ XY-woman - intersexuality
→ Butch - masculine type in lesbian relationship
→ Femme - feminine type in lesbian relationship
→ Drag, transvestite - temporary change of external appearance (e.g. make-up, clothing), change of gender
→ Cross-gender - appearance and/or behavior contrary to the culturally specific gender definition

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

One of the comedians I just recently watched had a line he said to women: “Women, if you could see what’s in a man’s mind 24/7, you would kill yourself.”

We don’t need a comedian to tell us. But of course some will need “documentation” to verify it :stuck_out_tongue:

What the fuck is this???! :rofl:

2 Likes