Gear/ skills/ passives that update minion stats require you to resummon minion

Is it by design or bug.
I even don’t know, how it works with dynamic buffs to minion from certain passives/procs.

Need to be fixed before it would be widely exploited.

I’d say that buffs and stats are treated differently. As I can say the attackspeed buff from rip blood works on minions.

Stat increases are usually a permanent thing. So it’s not necessary for the game to constantly check if their alter. Instead the minion stats are set for the moment you summon your minion.

1 Like

you understand what does it mean?
If minions stats are snapshoted when you summon them, not only it seems wrong
it can lead to huge exploit when game is out.

1 Like

Hm… I understand what you mean. You could put on “minion gear” and after summoning put on “damage gear”.

Didn’t think about it before.

Exactly.
And if updating things on fly is technically hard to implement, the easiest solution will be to kill minions on any changes like that.

Grim Dawn used to have a similar issue with it’s pets. People could put on gear that boosted the skill level of any pet and then swap the gear out for something else. They resolved this exploit by automatically unsummoned the pet(s) if its skill level was altered.

For me, it was more work than it was worth but people did do it.

1 Like

I don’t play minion builds in LE. But I agree with OP’s general point. Snap shotting shouldn’t be a thing. In the past when snap shotting was a thing in POE, people would even spend currency to change their tree just to snapshot dmg to deal with a boss. The length people would go to exploit such things if possible.

Just dont see it worth exploited since the only point to exploit it would to be try and getting higher in the arena and getting higher in the arena means minions die constantly and you would have to be changing gear back and forth so much to resummon you would just die in the process… I know a couple people that have tried it and it works great early arena (pre 150 waves) but its pointless since you can do those waves anyways without crafting 2 full sets of gear and having to switch constantly.

I do agree snapshotting should be removed from the game entirely though. There are several other things in the game on several different skils that are snapshotted that do make a huge difference

Lets see how assemble abomination works but since wraiths and abomination degen health and last short amounts of time calling for resummons changing gear fast enough would be gruesome

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.