Game won't launch

I open the launcher then when I choose character and click enter game the animation freezes and the game won’t go any further. If I click on the game after a few minutes it crashes and closes out.

Its pretty much impossible to help without a lot more information that would be available if you posted your player.log, le_graphicsmanager.ini and the output of a dxdiag report.

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

At the moment all anyone can do is guess and offer the standard suggestions of making sure the game is installed properly, windows patches & gpu drivers are up to date and that you are not running any other applications while testing LE.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
Player.log (9.0 KB)

Hopefully you can find something in this. I’ve uploaded both.

Unfortunately there is not much to see here other than the fact that the game log is abruptly truncated which usually happens if something external to the game is causing it to freeze unexpectedly. I.e the game is unable to trap an error on its own before it hangs.

Did you do the usual things i mentioned above? Verify game files in steam, make sure the gpu driver is up to date, check windows updates are recent and there are no failed ones? Reboot your machine after the hanging? Not run anything else while testing LE?

While your settings look ok, another thing to try would be to remove the le_graphicsmanager.ini file while the game isnt running. This forces it to reset to defaults and may help.

A dxdiag report with the diagnostic section may have something more to go on.

Oddly enough, I opened launcher today and the game started working.

Did you perhaps have a proper shutdown and restart?

I have no idea on your system setup as you didnt provide the information but a lot of Win11 users have complained about this recently (last month or so). Game refuses to play, then a proper restart and everything works fine.

Obviously restarts are important for any OS as crashes dont always reset properly. I.e. just trying again and again without rebooting usually means that the error just happens again. It seems like a lot of people tend to leave their systems running or in sleep mode - especially after Windows patches etc, and this has caused issues in the past.

Pure speculation on my part because I dont have any info to really work from but if the game is working again now then thats a good thing.