Game sounds don't change when switching output device

Whenever I’m playing solo / no voice chat I generally have the sound come from speakers. If I end up getting on discord and swap the sound device to play into my headset the game sound does not change over, and I have to fully reload the game to swap the sound device over. Generally, this is an option in audio settings in most games or they just follow your default sound device. This also causes and issue as I can’t manage the sound level unless I switch it back to the original sound device when the game was launched.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. Please add support for (auto) switching the sound device. Thx

Idk how is this still a bug in 2023.

Came to report exact same thing.

I also have the same issue

Came here to report this as well. The first report on this issue I found was from all the way back in 2019. Not sure if this a difficult-to-fix engine restriction issue or if it’s just low on the priority list, but it’s quite annoying for someone who often needs to switch the audio output device during gameplay.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.