Game Keeps Crashing

Game keeps crashing at Last Epoch Logo The error message I get says Last Epoch has stopped working and will now close. I have verified game files twice I must also say it’s been a long time since I last played any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

How about including some more info? Honestly have no idea and based on what you have provided, it could be anything. Windows Patches, GPU drivers, conflicts with other apps, networking issues, file corruption, other issues specific to your setup. It could be corrupted saves, a messed up settings file or any number of things.

The games debug file (player.log), settings file (le_graphicsmanager.ini) and the output of a dxdiag report if you use windows would be useful in a “help me help you” Jerry Maguire way.

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

Thanks for the quick reply since I am not a computer expert can you please tell me the location of each file you mentioned and I will send them.
Thanks

I provided a link for you in my reply which explains were each file is and how to run a Dxdiag report (DirectX Diagnostic).

Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

If you cannot for some reason check the link then:

on windows the player.log and le_graphicsmanager.ini files are in - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch (obviously replace Username).

For dxdiag:
In Windows, select Start and enter dxdiag into the search box on the taskbar. Select dxdiag from the results.
In the tool, select Save All Information for an easily shared format.

Here are the files you requested
DxDiag.txt (61.1 KB)
Player.log (17.7 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (541 Bytes)

Ok. Thanks for the info.

There are quite a few reasons why the game could be struggling on your system.

Firstly, on your hardware, its unlikely that the game will be stable at anything other than the lowest possible settings. The errors in the player.log support this - there is the issue of falling/failing back to an older version of DirectX because of Windows 8.1 and the log contains the usual d3d error messages when trying to load textures etc.

The only way around this is to reduce settings. I recommend 1080p, Very Low quality on every setting and all special features on their lowest setting or disabled. Keep the fps foreground limit on 60fps.

Secondly, your GPU driver is from 2020. This is way too old by years. I recommend installing a new GPU driver - I checked, there is a driver update from Aug 2022 for win 8.1. Please, very important. DO NOT do an upgrade install, do a clean install or use a product like DDU to ensure a proper GPU installation.

Also, is your Windows 8.1 up to date? Is it running the latest patches, does it have the appropriate DirectX updates?

I see that from the dxdiag diagnostics, other games & unity based games like LE are also having problems. There are also specific errors pointing to GPU driver issues - please make sure your update the GPu driver as explained above.

Once you have updated your system and drivers, then I recommend you:

1. Verify the game files via steams Game File Verification process. Important step.

2. delete the le_graphicsmanager.ini file before attempting to run LE again. This will revert all settings to default. Because of your default screen resolution, you may have to temporarily set your windows resolution to 1080p before starting up LE so that it can create a new settings file at a resolution that should be able to run. Once you have successfully gotten into the game, then you can change all settings to very low etc as above. And when you have exited LE, you can then change your desktop resolution back.