Game gets stuck on load screen when trying to do a monolith quest from startup

Log File on google drive

I’ve now had this happen twice on 2 different monoliths. I unlocked the monolith quests on an earlier session then closed the game. (Offline btw) When I came back, I went to the thing that lets you access the monolith before you’ve done one and selected the next mission. It then gets stuck endlessly loading. I have to kill the game and start it again and upon getting back I am back in the end of time and I have lost timeline stability. If I first do an echo it doesn’t have the problem.

Workaround: you can open menu on loading screen and Leave Game without killing it.
Otherwise I have same issue.

I still have this same issue after one month. I can do an echo (currently in Black Sun) and one quest mission. Then get infinite load screen on the next mission. I wasn’t able to open the menu on the infinite loading screen. There were no buttons to click. I don’t see how to do this work-around. Esc key did not bring up the usual menu.
I did a Ctrl-Alt-Del to task manager, then closed the task manager without doing anything to the game. This got me out of the load screen, and dumped me back into the monolith entrance. But then the skills bar, health and mana pools at the bottom of the screen were missing. From there I could Esc out of the game. At least I didn’t lose my timeline stability this time.

Another workaround that has worked is to start another monolith echo in the same Monolith and after you get your rewards try the quest. It always seems to load fine after this.

I am experiencing the same issue. Intermittently, when attempting to enter one of the three monolith quest echos, the game will stick on the loading screen–not frozen, the waiting icon still spins. If I restart the game and immediately try to enter the quest, it still gets stuck. Doing another non-quest echo on the same monolith seems to fix things, allowing the quest echos to be entered. Good catch @Mirpa on still being able to leave game, I had just been Xing out.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.