Game doesn't use entire cpu/gpu; fps capping itself

Logged in for .77 and regardless of gfx settings, window mode, or fps cap, the game hovers at about 60-65 frames in EOT. Set the focused window fps cap to 144, and the unfocused fps cap to 15 and tabbed out to open task manager and cpu/gpu usage drops considerably, as expected. Both before tabbing out, and after tabbing back in, LE kinda just doesn’t use the available hardware to max out it’s framerate like one would expect. Fresh installed nvidia drivers for doom last week. LE currently just won’t try to push past ~60 frames despite having ample resources to use

There’s also some weirdness with switching window modes and the in-game vsync dropdown becoming unresponsive. Exclusive fs seems to…not work right, either. It wants to just stay in maxed window. I deleted the reg key containing my settings to see if it was an issue there, but all this stuff persisted

Is this a known thing? I have plenty of other games running at 144 so I’m reasonably certain this is not a global vsync/cap issue. i double checked those options in the nvidia control panel just to be sure and they were both off

1060 6gb, i7 4770, 16gb ram

Get about 90-100 in council chambers, seems like towns just have massive perf issues. Running around killing stuff in campaign zones is very smooth, though it seems like applying ailments is causing some calculation that the rest of the game has to wait on - my ignite nova mage isn’t loving whatever is causing this

when spamming ignites onto the dummy in ruined era town, perf seems to degrade until i reach approximately the max # of ignite stacks i can have up, and then kinda stabilizes, then goes back to normal as the ignites expire. Removing ignite chance gear makes the perf degradation much less

buff ignite plz

Could you please post your graphics .ini file to help us look into this?

You should be able to attach it to a forum post using the button.

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/31-the-graphics-ini-file

le_graphicsmanager.ini (505 Bytes)

the settings i used made no real difference tbh. it was like EOT was locked at 60 whether on low or ultra. going to some random imperial era zone shot it up to 144 and it stayed there.

changing window modes via the ingame menu doesn’t seem to make any difference, i would expect exclusive fs to lock the mouse in and require an alt-tab but it behaves the same as max window. also the vsync dropdown stops responding to clicks after being changed once per session

edit: confirming that changing gfx settings has an impact outside of towns but not in towns

realm of the forgotten zone in EOT has similar perf issues… but none of this explains why the game engine just isn’t even trying to use all of the available hardware power - it shouldn’t be dropping to 60 fps and then use 1/3 to 1/2 of the available cpu power when the game is capped way higher than 60

hi, you are able to have 144fps? i have a ryzen 7-2700 and a rtx 2070 super and can’t get past 100 fps with the same setting as you have, the game is using 5 gb of vram, i just started so i’m still in the beginning aera

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.