Game Crashes on Area Transition

It is frustratingly common for my client to crash when I enter/exit an area. It happened 2 or 3 times in an 8-hour binge yesterday, and another time just now when I rebooted my PC. I Verified my game files twice last evening and they said it was fine, so I don’t know what else to do here.

It has crashed on both walking through doorways from Area A to Area B, as well as most recently, crashed on teleporting.

Player-prev.log (93.7 KB)
Player.log (31.0 KB)

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

As you have already verified the game files, I will exclude a corrupted game install as the potential problem.

Crashes when transitioning from one area to another are common in situations where the game is using settings that are too high for the hardware.

You havent provided your le_graphicsmanager.ini file or any dxdiag report output, its impossible for me to say what settings you are trying to use on your 1070 Gpu but there are graphics related errors in the Player.log

The game is generally unoptimised so to increase stability, its often best to be conservative with settings in favour of stability rather than quality. For example, there is little visual difference between High & Medium settings, but the difference in stability & GPU usage can be big.

Another issue that can cause this is leaving the game unlimited - i.e. without any Framerate limiting in-game (or with a framerate limit that is so high its effectively not limiting anything). LE is known to max out a GPU (sometimes for no apparent reason) and if you dont have a limit in place, the game will then crash - usually when using a teleport/transition between maps as this is the time when the game is unloading & loading new textures etc between the CPU & GPU.

A last possible cause of crashes like the ones you describe are related to GPU drivers - sometimes the drivers are too old and need updating, other times the driver component files can be corrupted or even missing and the GPU needs a clean safe mode driver installation… This issue is common with older cards and systems that havent had any reinstalls/maintenance in a while so they tend to subject to Windows bloat…

Without having more information thats all I can offer right now…

• Settings too high for the game state & your hardware
  • No or insufficient frame rate limits in the game
  • Gpu drivers too old or potentially corrupted

IMPORTANT NOTE: There is an update to 0.8.5 expected in just over an hour from now. Just be aware of this while troubleshooting/testing your issue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.