Game crashes during Monolith play

gamecrash.zip (883.9 KB)

When does it crash? Is anything in particular happening before it crashes? Does it always crash?

I started the Monolith and it crashes. I had 4 crashes this type during this week. But i have 8gb Ram and i noticed that Last Epoch take 70% of it. Perhaps that is the Problem.

1 Like

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Please can you post your details so that we can try and help you. Dxdiag files, le_graphicsmanager.ini , player logs all help figure out what is going on…

The game is in beta so there are definitely stability issues but most of the time there is a workaround or something to try to help - but its pot luck without knowing your info.

As you mention you are limited to 8gb ram, I am going to assume that you may not be running the latest and greatest system… If this is the case, there is a general thing you can try that has helped other with stability/performance problems… Temporariliy set your in-game graphic settings to 1080p, 60 Fps framerate limited (not vsync) and all graphics settings to very low or disabled… Test if this improves the stability…

If it does improve then you are one of the people who unfortunately will need to be conservative in your in-game settings to ensure some stability vs eye-candy. Next increase the resolution to what you want to play at and test again… Next, increase the framerate limit (do not leave this unlimited) to whatever you monitor can handle or less if you need to… Test again… if everything is still stable, then change the in-game graphic settings one by one testing as you go… Considering you are having stability issues, I would not recommend going above medium settings - depending on your config you may have to stick with low/very low but its up to you to find a stability and performance balance that suits your system setup…

If none of the graphic changing makes any difference then there are some other options to try, but as I mentioned in the beginning, we need your info for that…

Good luck…

Hi, here you have my files. I am starting the test now. Thank you for quick response. Regards.
DxDiag.zip (15.4 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.zip (397 Bytes)
output_log.zip (306.6 KB)
Player.zip (16.8 KB)

Hey…

Thanks for posting the info… It does help…

1. Based on your settings… you are using an older GPU so I would definitely suggest you try the graphics changes I offered… They could improve the stability - worst case they may improve your performance

2. Based on the version numbers, tour system looks fine patch & GPU driver wise…

3. At the end of the Dxdiag there are a few odd errors referring to videotrim.exe & dwm.exe… Anything like these applications that messes with the graphic display could be causing problems with LE… dwm crashing is not a good sign as this is a windows component that is supposed to do hardware graphical acceleration on the UI… if its messed up then a similar thing may be happening with LE… You need to resolve these issues independantly of playing LE. I would run System File Checker to make sure there is not a messed up windows file or something…

4. Based on point 3 above, make 100% sure that you are not running any other applications while you are playing LE… obviously if stability improves then it could be one of these other applications that LE doesnt like… Disable are things like graphical overlays (from graphics card software & steam) and video capturing etc - just disable everything and test…

5. The game is in beta so it could be just random crashes that you are getting - it does happen… .Patch 0.8.2 drops on Monday so this could obviously also have an impact on the game stability… Obviously cannot tell yet… :wink:

Hi :slight_smile: i made all things you wrote + deleted Norton Antivirus + i found a tutorial how to disable dmw.exe and it works fine :smiley: thank you for help.

Hey… Glad one of the suggestions worked…

Deleting Norton… well, I use Norton 360 without any issues so I doubt its that - up to you, but make sure you do have some sort of antivirus running - the world is a nasty place… :wink:

Disabling dmw… well, not sure you can actually do that entirely - you can definitely disable the dwm features that can cause issues like transparencies etc. - if you have done that then it should make a difference. If you havent yet, I’d still run the system file checker to make sure everything is ok…

Have fun playing… syked for the patch dropping soon… :wink: