Game Crashes at random

Hi there.
Game keeps crashing and unfortunatelly I cannot find any patern. Also it crashes at random. I may play for like 2 mins or 2 hours.
The only thing I noticed is that the game started crashing after the last release.
I have uploaded a few files that might help you identify the reason.
DxDiag.txt (122.7 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (475 Bytes)
Player.log (166.8 KB)

Hey there, Welcome to the forum.

The player.log you have provided gives the answer pretty quickly:

• d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture
  • d3d11: attempt to lock null buffer
  • D3D shader create error for vertex shader

These errors are repeated thousands of times until the game gives up and crashes.

Obviously you know that LE is in beta and it is generally unoptimised with known performance related instability. 99% of the time all of these d3d errors are related to the settings used on the hardware installed or a potential driver problem.

You are trying to run the game at Ultra settings that will cause stability issues on even the better hardware than yours. The randomness of the crashing intervals is probably due to the fact that you have capped the framerate on 1080p so the error is intermittent vs having a higher res or framerate, but Ultra settings will still cause random issues. LE will attempt to max out your GPU whenever it can, and this can cause secondary instability with things like overheating or problems when loading in new maps or busy in-game moments (lots of skill procs, mobs, minions) etc.

Added to this know issue with LE, there are also some other things I noticed in the dxdiag that are probably also involved in these instability issues:

1. Your GPU drivers are from March (before the last LE patch). I recommend updating them with a CLEAN driver install - do not do an upgrade install as this will not always correct any issues with driver files. (Use DDU if you dont know how to do a clean install yourself).

2. Your Windows 11 is reporting version 22621.ni_release.220506-1250 - afaik, this is the pre-release of Win11 22H2 update and you need to make 100% sure that you have updated to the actual release version from 25th Oct 2022 (I think that the latest Windows 11 - release information | Microsoft Learn) . The pre-release version has caused some problems for other players - reverting back to the previous release Win11 OR updating to the latest version has sorted it out for those having issues.

3. Your system is having Livekernel 141 errors. In fact, other than LE crashes, your diagnostics only have Livekernel errors - these are serious windows errors that need to be resolved. They can be causes by a wide variety of issues - everything from problem hardware drivers to corrupted OS files to physical issues like power delivery or temperature/overheating issues or hardware failures. You MUST figure out what is going on before the Livekernel error turns into something serious - like magic smoke coming out of your case. Seriously, it can be something simple like a corrupt driver file, but it could also be the precursor to a more serious fault. I recommend View Reliability History on your system to see if there are any clues to the possible causes.

Otherwise, to solve your LE instability, you need to lower your quality settings - High with some of the special features also lowered will likely be much more stable on your system - obviously assuming the old driver, windows patch and Livekernel errors are resolved.

Hi again,

I updated the driver of gpu and set the graphics to “Medium” settings and works with no crashes.
Regarding the windows, it’s a clean installation of Win10 Pro and updated as Windows Updater suggested. Cannot find any other available version (at least for GR).

Thanks a lot for the support!!

Ok, downgrading settings & new driver - thats usually the simplest solution - glad its working.

Not sure where you get Win10 pro from, the line in the dxdiag reports:

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

So unless you have attached a Dxdiag from somewhere else by mistake or the forum is messing up, you are most definitely not running Win10. Considering how different the OS UIs are this would be something very odd to miss and if dxdiag is reporting win11 but you think its Win10, there may be something else going on on your machine.

Maybe I didn’t write it correctly. Sorry for that.
I meant that I have installed Win10 Pro (authentic) and upgraded to Win11 Pro as prompted through Windows Update Center.
So my PC runs Win11 Pro. That’s for sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

But no other Win11 release is available to update.

Ok typo.

But I still think your Windows is due new patches. If you look at the webpage I posted above (Windows 11 - release information | Microsoft Learn) - there are many updates since the version yours is reporting. Yours is dated from May/June and there are Nov updates.

Up to you but considering all the problems people have with Win11 that patches have solved, I’d make sure.