Game crashed and exit when launched

I have this crashed and this is the second time i install this game on my pc, steam version, and the last time i played it had no crash, but this time i reinstall it and this happended. Please someone help me :frowning:
This is my error log:
error.log (59.8 KB)

Heyā€¦ Welcome to the forumsā€¦

Without seeing a bit more info specific to your system, I would hazard a guess (from the Error log) that your system is crashing due to a graphics driver issue.

The error log refers to nvwgf2umx.dll - this is a file from the Nvidia GPU drivers. Without your dxdiag I cannot tell the state of your system and what versions of drivers you are using so the following are some general suggestions:

1. Make 100% sure that the game files are verified via Steam.

2. Disable FRAPSā€¦ its part of the error report so its likely part of the problem.

3. Check what graphics driver you are using - do not use the latest and greatest ones for your 1060, but make sure its at least something from the last 3 months or so. You may need to reinstall it using something like DDU

4. You are using a laptopā€¦ Make sure that its set to performance mode and not doing any automatic scaling of GPU/CPU clock speeds to save battery etc while playing LE.

5. Do not use higher in-game graphic settings - the game is more stable that way and your laptop is pretty old now so its best to be conservative with LEā€¦ Its not optimised and in beta so pushing things will cause stability issues - I recommend, for your setupā€¦ 1080p, 50fps framerate limited (not vsync), all in game settings no higher than Low or Mediumā€¦ Monitor your GPU and make sure its Usage is not averaging over 80% (if it is, then drop the fps) and watch the thermals in your laptop.

6. Disable or do not run any other applications while playing LEā€¦ do not use overlays or anything else - it doesnt matter how irrevelent it might be, while testing LEā€¦

7. Unplug your controller and test if you are having any stability issues just using the mouse and keyboardā€¦

Thank you for the helping, i have roll back my GPU driver and it worked, i wonder when will the game be able to adapt with the new drivers ?

Drivers are tricky thingsā€¦

1. New drivers dont do much for very old hardware - they are updated to get better performance for new hardwareā€¦

2. New drivers (especially the very new ones) are not very stable - the devs just want their GPUs to work faster to top GPU performance charts and sell more, so it takes time (sometimes months) for drivers to stabilise. I do not use drivers newer than 3 months unless there is a specific problem that has been fixed.

3. Mobile GPUs and laptop graphics drivers are usually the last things to get fixedā€¦

4. Games usually try to take advantage of the new features that new hardware and new hardware drivers haveā€¦ This doesnt help people with older hardwareā€¦

5. Games like LE - in beta/development - are not optimised and any small change in a new driver can break gamesā€¦ This is even more important when the game uses a ā€œgame technologyā€ like Unity, developed by someone else entirely and if it has problems with new drivers it can cause any games written using it, to failā€¦

6)ā€¦ I could probably go on foreverā€¦

You get the ideaā€¦ when things stabilise then things improveā€¦ for now we just have to be careful and make sure that we are not just installing new drivers for no reasonā€¦ especially those of us, like you, with older hardware.

1 Like