Game Crash Entering Echos

It seems to happen at random when entering echos. I’ve noticed it mostly in Blood, Frost, and Death maps but that also could just be that those were mostly what I’ve been running. I’ve crashed twice in the last half hour, and about 3-4 times last night / earlier today. Progressing echos is getting very frustrating as I’m losing more than I’m advancing even without deaths.

If it crashes can you upload your log & crash files:

https://support.lastepoch.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

Have you tried getting steam to verify the game files?

Hey…

Sorry you are having hassles…

(Copying a similar post I made for someone else)…

Temporarily set the game to 1080p, 60fps frame limit, all graphics settings to very low or disabled and Test if the stability improves (i.e. doesnt crash).

It seems that some people that are experiencing random crashes are able to improve stability by dialing back on the graphics settings and this is the simplest way to test it… Obviously if this doesnt work for you, then its something else…

If its stable at this config, then increase the resolution (nothing else)… test again, then increase the fps (no higher than 120fps seems to be ok for high end systems) … test again… if its still stable then increase the graphics… Even high end machines seem to be most stable on medium - anything higher introduces instability - especially if you are using high resolution and high fps at the same time…

1 Like

Thanks for the solutions and if it happens again I’ll post the log following the posted directions!

Good luck

It seems to be happening more often when I first start up the game. Just happened again when I logged in for the first time today. It looks like I’ve successfully loaded into the echo then as soon as I click to move my character it freezes, though it may be freezing before I click and just don’t realize since I haven’t tried to move.

Player.log (29.3 KB)

Did you try the reduced settings yet?

Any chance you could post some extra details - See Useful files

I have the same problem. Sometimes, when I enter in a new instance of echos the game crashes.

Last logs lines:

Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
(Filename: Line: 554)

Internal: deleting an allocation that is older than its permitted lifetime of 4 frames (age = 8)
(Filename: Line: 310)

I was having this same problem, and tried the advice of the above poster. All I did was change the graphics setting from ‘custom’ to ‘low’ and I haven’t had a crash in like 8 hours of echo farming. I would like to make the game look pretty at some point though lol, so I hope they fix this bug.

Hey, Welcome to the forum…

Glad the suggestion of reduced settings helped with the stability and let you play… The game is obviously still in Beta so things like this are almost expected unfortunately…

For good or bad, the small dev team is focussed on content & multiplayer right now… Pretty sue they will get to the performance issues eventually - then we can all enjoy the eye-candy…

:wink:

I, too, was crashing repeatedly about every third zone. Like Aziraphale above, I turned settings to “low”, limited framerate to 55, and stopped crashing completely.

Setting it to “low” has seemingly worked so far. I’ll post again if I get another similar crash. And yea, you definitely need to take performance issues in stride in Beta. Though I’ll admit after losing 8 echos in 20 minutes to crashes two days ago I had to switch to an hour of loop hero to quell my stress lol

Glad it helped… Nothing worse than stability problems… I honestly dont even mind normal in-game bugs but crashing all the time can get anyone down…

Just have to be conservative for now… :+1:

Same here, it happens since 0.8, dunno if that helps you devs…great game, keep up the work, ill try lowering my settings (playing on Ultra).

Showoff… :wink:

No seriously, I dont think anyone can play the game with everything on Ultra without crashes…

Y it´s strange, i swapped to low and it just works…while the FPS nearly stays the same.
Need to test if medium/high works, very high crashes too

The general concensus is Medium for stability even on high end systems… oh, and set the fps ratelimit to something… dont leave it unlimited.

If you test, you are unlikely to see that much of a visual difference between the graphics settings anyway… at least not in the heat of battle…

All we can do is compromise until the devs deal with the performance issues…

High crashed, medium crashed, got the fps limit now to 100 on low

Really do hope the devs get to this issue soon… There must be some feature that is enabled in the medium+ setting that is causing this issue for everyone…